BOXING DAY! [ Wed 26th Dec ] v St Neots Town FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: BOXING DAY! [ Wed 26th Dec ] v St Neots Town FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm
sandringhamdiamond wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:27 pm Thought we played some good stuff at times, short quick passes around the box, they didn't offer much.

Hoping Peaks will rotate the team for Saturday so we are nice and fresh for the big one
You are joking aren't you?
Presume you are referring to the rotation bit, which I would agree is unnecessary and highly unlikely, with regards to the game I thought we played ok, possibly over passed it sometimes around their box, but kept the ball well at times when we were seeing the game out which
Was realistically much of the 2nd half. St Neots to be fair were dreadful possibly about as bad as I’ve seen this season, Nabs may have had enough there but he didn’t put in a performance that was likely to impress anyone watching, I would need to check the stats but that may have been Luke Knights 100 booking for being an annoying gobby little s..t and I’m still trying to work out why their No 3 tried to play in his slippers.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

[quote=Brownie post_id=106958 time=1545898600 user_id=120584]
[quote=Formic post_id=106955 time=1545854000 user_id=95]
[quote=sandringhamdiamond post_id=106954 time=1545848870 user_id=87589]
Thought we played some good stuff at times, short quick passes around the box, they didn't offer much.

Hoping Peaks will rotate the team for Saturday so we are nice and fresh for the big one

In some ways I agree, pitches are heavy out there and the stupid 4g . K*ttering just a little more important than biggles. A few changes , even peaks said it would a good idea to use the whole squad this Xmas
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

In some ways I agree, pitches are heavy out there and the stupid 4g . K*ttering just a little more important than biggles. A few changes , even peaks said it would a good idea to use the whole squad this Xmas
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:16 am
sandringhamdiamond wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:27 pm Thought we played some good stuff at times, short quick passes around the box, they didn't offer much.

Presume you are referring to the rotation bit, which I would agree is unnecessary and highly unlikely, with regards to the game I thought we played ok, possibly over passed it sometimes around their box, but kept the ball well at times when we were seeing the game out which
Was realistically much of the 2nd half. St Neots to be fair were dreadful possibly about as bad as I’ve seen this season, Nabs may have had enough there but he didn’t put in a performance that was likely to impress anyone watching, I would need to check the stats but that may have been Luke Knights 100 booking for being an annoying gobby little s..t and I’m still trying to work out why their No 3 tried to play in his slippers.
Its being proactive rather then reactive, no point keeping the same XI until we are evidently tired on the pitch, not saying change the whole team but 3-4 wont hurt and gives other players minutes that will soon be called upon. On NYD the boys will have to put in one hell of a shift and that's the only thing we are asking for, and the fresher the players the better.
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

sandringhamdiamond wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:18 am
Brownie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:16 am

Its being proactive rather then reactive, no point keeping the same XI until we are evidently tired on the pitch, not saying change the whole team but 3-4 wont hurt and gives other players minutes that will soon be called upon. On NYD the boys will have to put in one hell of a shift and that's the only thing we are asking for, and the fresher the players the better.
Agree mate! That pitch at LP will be the worst we have played on so far this season too!
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

These comments are suggesting that the K*ttering game is more important than the Biggleswade. The Biggleswade game is important as it is a home match and a win would send us onto NYD in high spirits. It may be that Peaksy is hoping Dolman is fit to play v both of them. A draw at LP would be quite acceptable. K*ttering also have a big game on Saturday at Kings Lynn.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's article - post match "'Important three points' leave Diamonds boss Peaks satisfied"

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 3754773506