[ Sat 24th Nov ] v Lowestoft Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 24th Nov ] v Lowestoft Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 24th Nov ] v Lowestoft Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Considering the context of the game and how we performed infront of goal I'll take a point although Lowestoft are the worst side I've seen this season excluding perhaps Redditch. First half was shocking (same as Tuesday) but second half we started to dictate the game without doing a great deal in the final 3rd. Can't fault the desire or commitment either so fair play to the lads but I think they were there for the taking if we had a bit more composure infront of goal. 1 or 2 signings needed before Tuesday as our squad is looking very light with Bully and Bowen injured and Westbrook suspended. Halesowen lost 8-2 today.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

At least we looked like a team from the same level in the first half - unlike Tuesday. Our squad is really thin now. I saw the lack of strike threat more as an issue with formation and tactics - we didn't really create many half-chances.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

One name is throw in the hat is Ryan dove at cogenhoe. He's a 6 foot plus striker and captain at 25. Are we looking for another forward player? Probably not, but maybe he could come on a dual registration and see if he can step up. Was also training with the squad during pre season apparently
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Definitely an issue developing with our away form. Just 2 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats in League and FA Cup fixtures. If we play today's game at home we win by 2/3 goals in my opinion, instead it was the latest in a line of similar performances away from home where we've huffed and puffed and created nothing.

Lowestoft were definitely one of the poorer sides we've faced this season, I think only Redditch have looked worse. We were the better side on the day and didn't deserve to leave with nothing. The penalty was very, very soft though.

Hopefully we'll see a signing or two arrive in the coming days. We may need to recall Blaize Punter presuming Westbrook is suspended for 3 games and Dolman is injured. I'm sure he'll be bang up to speed. :ermm:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Post Match Report

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 5016538119

And, table showing us in good position still.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 2466759681
Diamond88

Post by Diamond88 »

I thought I'd leave this until today so I could calm down a bit but I haven't yet again another totally inept performance against the worst side we'll play this season why on earth are we still persisting with the 3 up front playing diamond out of his best position leaving him totally ineffective out wide is a mystery I must admit I was pleased to see Farrell dropped because of his woeful performances but it had no effect on how we played completely void of ideas and without a shot on target again until the last gasp penalty. I know we all left with a spring in our steps as you would scoring so late in a game but it merely papered over the cracks of another performance of having lots of the ball without any end product. I really don't buy this we have a small budget talk I don't think it's asking a lot to get the best out what we have and peaksy can't seem to be able to do this which to me lays the problem.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Seventh in the table and another chance to go into top five on Tuesday, yes it's another terrible season! Yes we would have liked more points in the last two games and performances not great. Let's see how we perform at Leiston and Alvechurch, I would not be surprised to see us get some points there. If Bully is not fit maybe a chance for Casey although more likely a recall for Punter . Certainly we need a couple of signings to add some fire to our attack but no need to panic. Let's give a chance to a suitable youngsters from our various elite/academy teams.