[ Sat 24th Nov ] v Lowestoft Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Sat 24th Nov ] v Lowestoft Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by bozzer »

Well I thought yesterday was a fully deserved point against a team who everyone says were poor but who beat Royston on Tuesday. Yeah it wasn’t pretty but it really isn’t going to be at times this season. Everyone gave their all and they deserved the equaliser

We are going to get games like we have had this season, thrilling football for 60 minutes at home to hitchin and the complete opposite at Banbury.

The players from last season have been given a chance, some have taken it it better than others.

I think our league position is giving some a false sense of entitlement and looking at fixtures sayin well they are down the bottom so we should beat them easily. On paper before the season you’d have taken a 1-0 defeat away to Banbury and also a 1-1 draw away to Lowestoft. Of course we’d like to see more shots on goal, the manager said so himself in the aftermatch interview.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Sunday Night Football Highlights.. see our AFCRDTV Highlights again...

https://twitter.com/SouthernLeague1/sta ... 7504320512

Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

I wasn't there yesterday but I keep hearing/seeing the same thing.

I don't think anyone expected us to be towards the business end of the league but at the end of the day, attendances at home have been dwindling and will continue to do so unless we actually start playing some half sharp football.

I understand that consolidation may be the aim of this season, but I know a number of floating fans who are losing interest and that surely must be a concern.

If we are playing unattractive football, but getting results, I don't think it would be an issue, but if a 93rd minute equaliser against the team 3 from bottom in the league is considered as a result, I can't believe anybody of sound mind would happily accept that.
Everywhere we go....
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

attendances are up 7% so far

I get what your saying, if we play like we did against hitchin for an hour and lose then people will buy off on that. The challenge is to become more consistent, however by definition that means there will be more bad days than we have been used to.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I think there's been a bit of an over-reaction to Saturday. After the Witton and Banbury games there was a very negative reaction and rightly so because those performances were the absolute pits, but Saturday wasn't as bad as those two. We didn't create anything in front of goal but we were the better team.

I always think it's worth stepping back and considering what we're looking to achieve this season. If the highly unlikely event we were to get promoted it'd probably be the quickest relegation in history unless the squad was totally revamped by a manager that has no experience of managing at that level. Promotion is not the aim. The aim is to be in this league next season and maybe re-assess in the summer as to what we want to do next season. From what i've seen there's plenty of teams a lot worse than us. Redditch, Lowestoft, St. Ives, Bedworth and St. Neots have looked worse than us and we're yet to play Halesowen who are also struggling badly.

So what is the problem? I think most people realise that a promotion push this season is not really sensible and perhaps just want to be entertained. That's definitely not happening away from home, but the home games have been largely fine from an entertainment perspective. If you didn't go to away games you must look at this forum sometimes in bemusement.

Taking in to account the fact that we're doing OK in the league and promotion is surely not on the agenda, Peaks is probably looking at the squad at the moment and thinking there's not much point throwing money at it right now. However, not being able to fill a bench, not being able to change a game from the bench and forcing players to play injured is not good for anyone, hence this needs addressing fast. This is my main frustration at the moment.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Completely agree Raz. Toz you’re talking rubbish again.

Andrea Borg returned to the Posh due to the arrival of Holman. He’d get game time with us?!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Andrea Borg returned to the Posh due to the arrival of Holman. He’d get game time with us?!
St. Neots have taken him on loan.

I'd like to see us try and get Scott Pollock and/or Jack Daldy on loan from the Cobblers. Don't really know anything about them other than they're both scoring an absolute shed load of goals for their U18 side.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Pollock would be a natural fit on the right of our front 3.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 am

I'd like to see us try and get Scott Pollock and/or Jack Daldy on loan from the Cobblers. Don't really know anything about them other than they're both scoring an absolute shed load of goals for their U18 side.
Not helpful but Jack Daldy was a few years below me at primary school. He was pretty good back then but didn't see him getting this far! The last player we got more or less directly from Northampton academy was Robbie Parsons, and we know how that went.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 am

Not helpful but Jack Daldy was a few years below me at primary school. He was pretty good back then but didn't see him getting this far! The last player we got more or less directly from Northampton academy was Robbie Parsons, and we know how that went.
Thing is, Parsons had potential and showed some decent ability at times. Problem was, his attitude was all wrong. Bit like a younger version of Aaron king. I think if there's some decent talent at clubs like cobblers, then a few players may be worth a go. Hopkins is doing ok for us at the mo.