[ Tue 20th Nov ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 20th Nov ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Tue 20th Nov ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm ESCP AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

I've been to a fair few grounds in my time, but none were harder to find than Banbury, even with a sat-nav.

If you haven't been before, you enter the road that leads to the train station. When you turn a corner and can see the train station in front of you you immediately turn right and take a nondescript side road to the ground. A signpost is there but it's easy to miss. Follow this road all the way to the end (it goes on for a while) and a large car park will appear. The ground is on the right. Look at it on Google Maps and save yourselves the aggro on the night!

With regards to the actual game itself, after a really good start to the season Banbury are in a wretched run of form. They haven't won in the League for over 2 months (3 draws and 4 defeats), so there's an excellent opportunity for us to build on our recent points haul.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

A win could take us to the ridiculously giddy heights of third place!!! :ermm: :fool: :good: but at least fifth place We certainly didn't see that coming. So let's enjoy it whilst we can.This match is the start of four consecutive away matches and possibly five if Stratford win their Trophy match next week.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:03 pm I've been to a fair few grounds in my time, but none were harder to find than Banbury, even with a sat-nav.

If you haven't been before, you enter the road that leads to the train station. When you turn a corner and can see the train station in front of you you immediately turn right and take a nondescript side road to the ground. A signpost is there but it's easy to miss. Follow this road all the way to the end (it goes on for a while) and a large car park will appear. The ground is on the right. Look at it on Google Maps and save yourselves the aggro on the night!

With regards to the actual game itself, after a really good start to the season Banbury are in a wretched run of form. They haven't won in the League for over 2 months (3 draws and 4 defeats), so there's an excellent opportunity for us to build on our recent points haul.
That's excellent advice about the access road - It's now added it to the match preview, along with appropriate links. There seems to be plenty of parking, with details of overflow parking added to the preview, along with a warning about the A422 closure at Farthinghoe.
DiamondDen

Post by DiamondDen »

Yes thanks BartonRaz for the tip on getting to the ground - no doubt that's going to save me a lot of time on Tuesday night.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:03 pm I've been to a fair few grounds in my time, but none were harder to find than Banbury, even with a sat-nav.

Anyone driving this is worth taking note of, also possibly worth entering the train station post code as that will get you very close, but the ground one can take you in from another direction to a closed road with no access, I was there earlier this season with someone who has been there stacks of times and we went wrong. Either way 30% travelling will end up in the Station car park doing a U turn.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

From Streetview looks like it's that little lane off to the right that runs parallel to the car park road...as you say the small white sign below the red one says "Banbury Utd"...

See where you are going - (May be a bit darker and wetter though...than this view).

> Click Here for Google Streetview Link <

BanburyStation.jpg
BanburyStation.jpg (173.59 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Although Banbury are going through a bad spell it's worth pointing out that they have actually conceded less goals than us! So it could be tight match. As Peaks never tires of telling us "there are no easy games in this league".
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:01 pm Although Banbury are going through a bad spell it's worth pointing out that they have actually conceded less goals than us! So it could be tight match. As Peaks never tires of telling us "there are no easy games in this league".
I’ve watched Banbury this season & can confirm, no it won’t be easy, however it’s a winnable game, I’d take a point though.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: TONIGHT! [ Tue 20th Nov ] v Banbury Utd, KO 7:45pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Back to tonight's match - looks like a cold one, so hopefully a few Diamonds Scarves and Woolly hats in attendance - don't forget to get them in the shop for next time or for Christmas too.

Depending on who is attending from the Bedford area - maybe the odd hip flask will make an appearance too...

Forecast for Banbury Area (Postcode taken from Match Preview - OX16 5AB).

Weather.jpg
Weather.jpg (82.25 KiB) Viewed 2582 times