[ Sat 17th Nov ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm ECSP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 17th Nov ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm ECSP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... h-november

Pre -Match Football from 12:30pm is:

Braintree Town v Solihull Moors National League 12:30 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

so not sure how early the turnstiles will be open for that one.

BTS-Vanarama_Social.jpg
BTS-Vanarama_Social.jpg (134.49 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 17th Nov ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm ECSP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

The second game in a week where we made hard work of a home game against a team in the bottom two.... but back-to-back wins for the first time this season, 7th place, just 1 point off the playoff places, joint third best goalscoring record, so who am I to complain, we find ourselves in an extremely positive position that I hope we build on going into the Winter period :clapping:

We will have to work on defending bloody set-pieces if we are to stay up there though!!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

It wasn't a great display, but these kind of games can be difficult when you're expected to win and win comfortably. Bedworth looked like a side that hadn't won a game, I think that's fair to say.

Another headed goal conceded from a cross and I think this one was the worst of the lot. We were asleep and it looked uncontested.

The highlight of the game for me was the through-ball from Declan Rogers that resulted in the penalty award. Perfectly weighted and I think he (alongside Reynolds) were the only two in the ground that saw that pass. I know he was absent last weekend (and under Peaksy's management that's always meant you're automatically on the bench in the next game), but in his current form we've got to try and find a way of getting him back in the XI.

I'm not sure what it says about the league we're in given we could possibly go 3rd on Tuesday night if results go our way, despite operating on a budget we're lead to believe shouldn't really see us anywhere near the top half. In my opinion we've only played to our potential on 4 or 5 occasions.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:19 pm

The highlight of the game for me was the through-ball from Declan Rogers that resulted in the penalty award. Perfectly weighted and I think he (alongside Reynolds) were the only two in the ground that saw that pass. I know he was absent last weekend (and under Peaksy's management that's always meant you're automatically on the bench in the next game), but in his current form we've got to try and find a way of getting him back in the XI.

I'm not sure what it says about the league we're in given we could possibly go 3rd on Tuesday night if results go our way, despite operating on a budget we're lead to believe shouldn't really see us anywhere near the top half. In my opinion we've only played to our potential on 4 or 5 occasions.
Totally agree regarding Rogers and your comment only playing to our potential in 4 or 5 games
is quite frightening to think where we might be! Let's enjoy being near the top whilst we can, there are some tough games in December.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:19 pm I'm not sure what it says about the league we're in given we could possibly go 3rd on Tuesday night if results go our way, despite operating on a budget we're lead to believe shouldn't really see us anywhere near the top half. In my opinion we've only played to our potential on 4 or 5 occasions.
I think it speaks for itself, how many of the teams in this new league finished in the top 8 last season? I believe it to be less than 8.

So its pretty much a mid table league, come the end of the season I expect 10th to 17th will only have a fine margin between them.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Was Jack Westbrook yellow carded amongst the first half flurry of cards? If so that takes him to five. That will at least allow Rogers back into the starting X1.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:32 pm Was Jack Westbrook yellow carded amongst the first half flurry of cards? If so that takes him to five. That will at least allow Rogers back into the starting X1.
He was booked in the incident where the ref truly lost the plot, and was initially intent on booking Tom Lorraine who was yards from the incident.
Don't forget the new competition specific disciplinary rules.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/r ... ea-2018-19
The constant badgering of the ref by the Bedworth players may have bitten them when he didn't give them the benefit of the doubt in the penalty incident.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Formic wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:39 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:32 pm Was Jack Westbrook yellow carded amongst the first half flurry of cards? If so that takes him to five. That will at least allow Rogers back into the starting X1.
He was booked in the incident where the ref truly lost the plot, and was initially intent on booking Tom Lorraine who was yards from the incident.
Don't forget the new competition specific disciplinary rules.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/r ... ea-2018-19
The constant badgering of the ref by the Bedworth players may have bitten them when he didn't give them the benefit of the doubt in the penalty incident.
one of Westbrooks yellows was in the FA Cup so does that count towards his five?