[ Tue 13th Nov ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Nov ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm Talk about make it difficult for yourselves! Coasting after an hour then holding on at the end! Still, 1 point off the play-offs with 2 of the bottom 3 to come.

Really happy with where we are at this new level. Shame about the cups but let's have a real go in the Hillier Cup. Would be a great night out again v Brackley if we can get througb.
On this occasion the table does lie. There is an error on the official League website. We are three points off the play offs, as our WDL is 544=19 pts. Maybe this time next week we will be one point off play-offs!
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Got to say that was a game of two halves.
Thought we were great in the first half, kept the ball on the deck, played some lovely stuff through the middle, plenty of movement through the front 3 and a great goal from Ben.

Second half we gave the ball away in the middle far too much, and I was massively relieved to hear the full time whistle. If we'd played many minutes more I think we'd have dropped 2 points.

Felt the ref did his best to even up the scores, seemed to give them a lot of soft fouls, and all 3 of our bookings ranged from dubious to absolute bullshit.

All in all though a good 3 points, well needed, and a positive that we defended a lot of set pieces without conceding from them, which was a huge improvement on past weeks.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

We defended well against a team that was useful in possession although their strike force looked a tad toothless as their current total of 9 league goals showed. I felt before they scored, we were in full command albeit with a ‘dangerous two goal lead’, and then we conceded too much mid field possession and played far too deep allowing them unnecessary goal scoring opportunities. We survived with a little bit of luck and the woodwork however. If I had been managing I would have immediately introduced Declan Rogers to the game once they pulled a goal back, and sacrificed a striker.

Onwards and upwards and I will expect nothing less than 3 points against a struggling Bedworth outfit this Saturday.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

rdusher wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am Got to say that was a game of two halves.
Thought we were great in the first half, kept the ball on the deck, played some lovely stuff through the middle, plenty of movement through the front 3 and a great goal from Ben.

Second half we gave the ball away in the middle far too much, and I was massively relieved to hear the full time whistle. If we'd played many minutes more I think we'd have dropped 2 points.

Felt the ref did his best to even up the scores, seemed to give them a lot of soft fouls, and all 3 of our bookings ranged from dubious to absolute bullshit.

All in all though a good 3 points, well needed, and a positive that we defended a lot of set pieces without conceding from them, which was a huge improvement on past weeks.
The ref was pretty sol8d in the first half, let the game flow and didn't really blow up for anything. However, in the second something must have Twitter in his mind that really should get more involved and like you said, gave them some weak free kicks and odd choice of bookings. Where do they find them? :hehe:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:57 pm
rdusher wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am Got to say that was a game of two halves.

The ref was pretty sol8d in the first half, let the game flow and didn't really blow up for anything. However, in the second something must have Twitter in his mind that really should get more involved and like you said, gave them some weak free kicks and odd choice of bookings. Where do they find them? :hehe:
He probably found out that an assessor was in the Chris Ruff stand!!!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

And Jon Dunham's "5 Things We Learned" article via his twitter.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 3827113984
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

sussexdiamond wrote:
He probably found out that an assessor was in the Chris Ruff stand!!!
Referees always find out that they are being "observed" ahead of the game, indeed they meet the observer (and sometimes also the observer who has come to observe the observer - I'm not joking) beforehand.

However, I concur with the general point that being observed can affect a referee's performance.