[ Sat 3rd Nov ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Nov ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 pm First time we've lost a League game by more than one goal since a home defeat to Stocksbridge Park Steels on 11th April 2017.

If Jack Ashton's header early on goes in instead of hitting the post it could have been a very different scoreline. As it was we were soundly beaten in the end and can't really have any complaints. We were second best all over the pitch and it's not often I've said that.

Another header from a set-piece, I'm losing count of how many times that's happened this season and we've only just entered November.

The squad at the moment is looking very light meaning we can only really play one way. Even if we had a Plan B we don't have the players to execute anything different. With Punter and Westwood moving on in midweek I would have thought getting an extra body or two in would be high on the agenda. I sound like a broken record but we've got to get Ben Diamond more involved in games through the middle and getting somebody to play out wide may allow that to happen. We're wasting his ability at the moment and it looks as frustrating for him as it does everybody watching. I'm concerned he will move on given the opportunity.
My thoughts exactly regarding ben diamond. We are of the belief that the reason he left Corby was that he was played out of position. You've only got to have the likes of Kempton come in for him and play him up front and he may well be off. He was just like a passenger today. Got to be a wide player and maybe a striker to come in soon, as like BR has said, the squad is looking very thin at the moment, with very little option to change it. Not sure if there's even much chance to change it on Tuesday against ON Chenecks
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Bad day at the office today. Outplayed in virtually every position.

Cannot understand why we continually just boot the ball up then chase after it - most of the time it's just headed back.

Thought referee today was terrible (not Blaming him for the result, our loss was of our own making). How many free kicks did he give to them? Often heard that we were playing against 12 - certainly looked like it today - surely be should not have worn black, too close to their colours.

Our squad is beginning to look threadbare - with the heavy pitches coming into play, will they take their toll on us?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 am surely be should not have worn black, too close to their colours.
It was obvious who the referee was - he was the opposition player without a number on his back!
Seriously though I understand that it’s not the referee who has to change the colour of his shirt at this level. All referees wear back tops. The fault is with the FA/League for permitting Rushall to wear that kit which is fine from the front but certainly not from the back.

Disappointing today against an established club that has operated at this level for a few seasons now and I fully agree with the other comments but we are where we are, and I guess our budget is not the greatest, and Peaksie has to make do with what we’ve got.

The league table sums us up, 11th is about right and the 4-4-4 scenario from our 12 games is no worse than I anticipated at the start of the season.
Trek

Post by Trek »

A very good analysis by Jon Dunham.

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/sp ... -1-8692822
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 am
Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 am surely be should not have worn black, too close to their colours.
It was obvious who the referee was - he was the opposition player without a number on his back!
Seriously though I understand that it’s not the referee who has to change the colour of his shirt at this level. All referees wear back tops. The fault is with the FA/League for permitting Rushall to wear that kit which is fine from the front but certainly not from the back.

Disappointing today against an established club that has operated at this level for a few seasons now and I fully agree with the other comments but we are where we are, and I guess our budget is not the greatest, and Peaksie has to make do with what we’ve got.

The league table sums us up, 11th is about right and the 4-4-4 scenario from our 12 games is no worse than I anticipated at the start of the season.
It was certainly odd to see such a clash - especially given the rule "No Club shall be permitted to register or play in shirts the colour of which is likely to cause confusion with the outfi ts worn by the Match Offi cials (i.e. black or dark blue)." Add to that the fact they had players wearing shirts right up to number 19 in the starting line-up, and both keepers were wearing shades of green.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:25 pm It was certainly odd to see such a clash - especially given the rule "No Club shall be permitted to register or play in shirts the colour of which is likely to cause confusion with the outfi ts worn by the Match Offi cials (i.e. black or dark blue)." Add to that the fact they had players wearing shirts right up to number 19 in the starting line-up, and both keepers were wearing shades of green.
I think there was a club that we played at home in the NPL1(S) that had a very dark kit.

Concerning the fact that Rushall had a number of starting players numbered 12 and above I think this is a direct consequence of the change in FA rules a couple of seasons back following the business of us retiring the Number 1 goalkeeping jersey and now all clubs are free to number 11 starting players from a combination of numbers 1-19. I noticed when Bully returned to the squad following his early season injury he retained number 5 despite being on the bench although this may have been because of the size of the number 5 kit available.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I saw Torquay a few weeks ago and they started with numbers 16 to 19.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

In answer to Trek. I believe it was Witton Albion who played in black.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:52 pm In answer to Trek. I believe it was Witton Albion who played in black.
Indeed it was Witton - although it was a dark blue. I felt that having someone on their board who was also Chair of the NPL and an FA representative might mean they were more considerate to the viewing fans.