[ Sat 3rd Nov ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Nov ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Three Nips »

Dazzler wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:58 pm Turnstiles should be open around 12:30pm (normally 1:15pm is standard opening time), for anyone heading up to watch the Premier League game, pre-match in the bar.
Given it's a 12.30 ko, I'd have expected the turnstiles to be open at 12pm. I'm not sure if it's realistic to advertise the game and then expect people to be happy to miss the start of it.

Personally, I'll be there at 12 and I'll be most disappointed if I can't get in when I arrive.
Everywhere we go....
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Three Nips wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:30 pm
Dazzler wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:58 pm Turnstiles should be open around 12:30pm (normally 1:15pm is standard opening time), for anyone heading up to watch the Premier League game, pre-match in the bar.
Given it's a 12.30 ko, I'd have expected the turnstiles to be open at 12pm. I'm not sure if it's realistic to advertise the game and then expect people to be happy to miss the start of it.
Personally, I'll be there at 12 and I'll be most disappointed if I can't get in when I arrive.
I am sure you'll be able to get in (possibly not via Turnstile), as Bar staff will be in, and Rod (Steward) is around.
Matt (Turnstiles) is normally around by this time anyway - just didn't want to commit too much earlier than just before kick off - but enough time to get into bar for kick off, hence why I said "around 12:30pm".

We're refining the process, and they will let me have feedback so we can improve for next time, as we do normally. Anyway am sure Rod/Matt et al, will sort you out on the day. Feel free to comment on here on any issues.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Three Nips wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:30 pm

:cheesy: :cheesy:
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

If you hang around outside the turnstiles I've heard they'll drag you inside anyway :biggrin:
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:19 am If you hang around outside the turnstiles I've heard they'll drag you inside anyway :biggrin:
How else do you think we get pre-match volunteers? Worked for the Royal Navy back in the Elizabethan era.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Don't forget to check out Jon Dunham's Match Preview/Interview with Andy Peaks.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 6250356736
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Three Nips wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:30 pm Personally, I'll be there at 12 and I'll be most disappointed if I can't get in when I arrive.
The special red carpet has not arrived - we apologise in advance - but the bar will be open at least.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

well that was a disappointment. when we kept the ball on the floor, we were ok. quite why they thought it would be a good idea to kick it up in the air, every time we got into their half, i'll never know.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

First time we've lost a League game by more than one goal since a home defeat to Stocksbridge Park Steels on 11th April 2017.

If Jack Ashton's header early on goes in instead of hitting the post it could have been a very different scoreline. As it was we were soundly beaten in the end and can't really have any complaints. We were second best all over the pitch and it's not often I've said that.

Another header from a set-piece, I'm losing count of how many times that's happened this season and we've only just entered November.

The squad at the moment is looking very light meaning we can only really play one way. Even if we had a Plan B we don't have the players to execute anything different. With Punter and Westwood moving on in midweek I would have thought getting an extra body or two in would be high on the agenda. I sound like a broken record but we've got to get Ben Diamond more involved in games through the middle and getting somebody to play out wide may allow that to happen. We're wasting his ability at the moment and it looks as frustrating for him as it does everybody watching. I'm concerned he will move on given the opportunity.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Awful performance, awful game, awful result.
The simple explanation:
They knew how to play against us and get a result.
We didn't know how to play against them and get a result.
:blink: