[ HISTORY - The Old Stand (from pitchside), Hayden Road 1922 v 2018]

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ HISTORY - The Old Stand (from pitchside), Hayden Road 1922 v 2018]

Post by BartonRaz »

Trek wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm
The Godfather wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:12 pm I also saw on Twitter that the changing rooms have to be a certain size. It sounds pathetic, but does Hayden Road's meet the required size?
18 square metres is the requirement for home and away changing rooms which is slightly larger than the existing rooms at the ground.
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on Twitter. This is likely to cause huge problems for clubs and shows just how out of touch the FA are with non-league football. We're fortunate that we have plenty of very willing volunteers that club together to get things done when there's a critical need (like getting Hayden Road up to scratch in no time at all for example), however many clubs don't have that sort of manpower to fall back on.

Frome Town (Step 3) have tweeted that they're going to be affected by this and could therefore be playing Step 5 football next season.

5 months to get architect, planning permission, funding, and probably try and complete it during the playing season - incredible decision. Could be relegated by planning application processing time alone

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The change in changing room dimensions was notified to clubs at least a year ago. The deadline has already been extended once. Although it could be costly clubs have had time to consider and act. I believe we do have the situation in hand, so no need to panic.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 am
Trek wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm
The Godfather wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:12 pm I also saw on Twitter that the changing rooms have to be a certain size. It sounds pathetic, but does Hayden Road's meet the required size?
18 square metres is the requirement for home and away changing rooms which is slightly larger than the existing rooms at the ground.
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on Twitter. This is likely to cause huge problems for clubs and shows just how out of touch the FA are with non-league football. We're fortunate that we have plenty of very willing volunteers that club together to get things done when there's a critical need (like getting Hayden Road up to scratch in no time at all for example), however many clubs don't have that sort of manpower to fall back on.

Frome Town (Step 3) have tweeted that they're going to be affected by this and could therefore be playing Step 5 football next season.

5 months to get architect, planning permission, funding, and probably try and complete it during the playing season - incredible decision. Could be relegated by planning application processing time alone

I agree, it's ridiculous from the FA, (meaning clubs will struggle to get this work done) the more you think about it, the more ridiculous it is from the FA, who are out of touch, (with clubs)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Statement issued by the FA Yesterday:-

“In 2014, The FA and Leagues at Step 3 & 4, consisting of the Evo-Stik League, Evo-Stik League South and the Bostik League, gave notice to their clubs that dressing room requirements would increase from 12 to 18 square metres.
The change was to accommodate increased squad sizes, more medical equipment and an improved environment for players. This is a mandatory requirement from those Leagues and the vast majority have already achieved this.
Those clubs that are not currently compliant were written to this week to encourage them to complete the works by 31 July 2019 or they will be relegated from their respective league.
Clubs can apply to the Football Stadia Improvement Fund, managed by the Football Foundation, to pay for up to 70% of the funding of the work.”