[ Sat 27th Oct ] v St Ives, KO 3pm FAT1RQ HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 27th Oct ] v St Ives, KO 3pm FAT1RQ HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... -fa-trophy

Also the post match BT Sport is Leicester City v West Ham Premier 17:30 - BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

And also the Halloween Party taking place n the function room from 7pm.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Sat 27th Oct ] v St Ives, KO 3pm FAT1RQ HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Game on! Nice crisp day for an entertaining match hopefully.

HRFri26Storm.jpg
HRFri26Storm.jpg (152.17 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
(Note: Pic taken yesterday afternoon).

Don't forget to check out Jon Dunham's match preview - follow links here>

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 1919560704

May need a coat/woolly hat upgrade for today's match - the Club Shop has a good supply of hats, including the famous AFCR&D Knitted ones and am also sure the Burger Monster has upped the supplies of Soups, and Bovril for the match.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Remember it's a triple header today, AFC R&D football, followed by Premier League action in the Crosskeys Bar from 5:30pm, and then the Halloween Party in the function room from 7pm til late - enjoy 1, 2, or all 3 events at Hayden Road today. All goes to support the club.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Raffle Draw - Prizes claimed from Bar after match.
--
PINK 831
GREEN 416
WHITE 361
GREEN 226
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A much better game than the last one. We set about them from the start and scored two lovely counter attacking goals.
We did fall apart after the substitutions but overall deserved the win.
A little bit of prize money at last, let's hope we get a good home draw and go on a decent cup run.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Not a game that will stick in the memory but when we are playing at Wembley next spring we can say it all started on cold wet day in October. We do now have Lowestoft on a Tuesday evening in December or January to look forward too. :cheesy: Hitching lost today so our match on the 13th November will go ahead if we don't draw with our next round opponents. After seven home ties I suppose we are due an away tie
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The first 45 minutes was like rolling the clock back a few weeks, absolutely turgid stuff. I must admit I was disappointed to see us play with 2 targetmen and start the match playing a direct style in a similar way to the previous meeting rather than playing the kind of football we did in midweek. Having said that, both of them scored!

It always felt like the game would change once a goal went in and we scored at the perfect time. We settled down after that and began to pass the ball around. We should have seen the game out with a bit more ease but did enough in the end which, after years of misery in the FA Trophy, makes a nice change.

I guess St. Ives are getting the most they can out of what I’m guessing is an extremely modest budget, but the result of that isn’t much fun to watch.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Agreed not a great game but to be fair 26 other teams may struggle to be involved in a great game with St Ives this season, can you imagine watching that every week. They actually looked half decent when they did start to push on but made no attempt to do it till they were 2 down, prior to that an attacking move for them was one pass then hit it 20 yards in front of an isolated striker for Bully to clear up or Ben to pick up. We could have had more goals, let in a soft one but most importantly it’s us in the next round, and we only have to watch St Ives once more this season.
DiamondDen

Post by DiamondDen »

It appears the St Ives Manager watched a different game yesterday:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

DiamondDen wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:44 am It appears the St Ives Manager watched a different game yesterday:
I've seen them twice and they are the poorest team we have played (I did not see Redditch). Even Needham were better.