[ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... rd-october

The Burger Monster will be cooking and The Crosskeys Bar will be showing BT Sport - Champions League Group Matches - as per https://www.live-footballontv.com/live- ... sport.html

Probably Manchester Utd v Juventus UEFA Champions League Group Stage 20:00 BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 4K UHD

MAN-UTD-v-JUVENTUS-1200x700.jpg
MAN-UTD-v-JUVENTUS-1200x700.jpg (424.69 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: TONIGHT! [ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> TONIGHT! Be there.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: TONIGHT! [ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Our first Tuesday evening League game. With an average gate of 637 what will it be tonight. My guess is 450. Only our 5th home game and a possibility of jumping 6 places, but another draw is more likely.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Thoroughly enjoyed that. We were excellent throughout and played some cracking football at times. The effort from Hicks to retrieve a lost cause and set up the first goal was brilliant. :clapping:

Nice to see Ben Diamond affect the game positively from wide and Reynolds behind him was immense too.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Brilliant performance tonight, some of the best attacking football I think I've ever seen us play since we reformed, very impressive and an excellent result against a team that just a few weeks ago were looking like one of the only teams in this division capable of mounting any kind of challenge for our Northamptonshire neighbours at the top (they've now lost 3 in a row).

8th place, 5 games unbeaten and we really have started to prove ourselves at this level, feels like things are coming together nicely and I also get the sense that there's a lot more to come from this team as well, it's a great set of lads, with a lot of spirit to their game and were thoroughly entertaining tonight. It's still early days, but dare I say I see no reason why we can't look to push even further up the table...
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Absolute quality from the lads tonight!!!

Thought we came out of the blocks really quickly, moved the ball across the pitch and forward really well. Hicks, Albie and Shanks were top drawer for me.

Worried when they came back to 2-1 that it was going to be another game where we didn't get what we deserved, but credit to the lads, they kept pushing, and if it hadn't have been for their keeper, could have been a real drubbing for them tonight.

Said it before, but I think we're so much better with Shanks up top, brings players around him into the game so much more, and is a good target man in the air, to his feet and running through.

Albie was great tonight, really caused them problems down the flank, as did Ben on the other side. (Joel Who?)

Great win, Great watch, and to be fair, a pretty decent ref.

COYD
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

And the fourth official kept us informed of additional time!! :good: Great performance all round. Hicks in the past two matches has really upped his game and Rogers is so exciting when gets the ball 20-30 yards from goal. :notworthy:
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Great team performance under the lights. Back 4 solid throughout,2 centre mids picking up 2nd balls,Dec pulling strings-a goal-and top draw set pieces, both albie & diamond looking a threat. Thier keeper making 4 great saves!! Guess heathy will be dissappointed with thier goal inside 6 yard box,because from then onwards he delt with thier good deliveries very well & us as unit defended our box brilliantly! A decent team performance but I thought bully Zak & Dec were absolute class against a very good side going forward. Not guna lie felt for Bowen being left out as I think he's been immense last few games & leading the line himself alot of the time & very issolated,but it's only October & loads more footy yet to play!!! Moving onto Saturday now...... let's hope we worry about us & not get drawn into st ives boring route one tactics!!! Let's be positive,start on the front foot & take the game to them!!

Also great work by Pants the groundsman,pitch is looking great & long may it continue.

Come on you whites!!!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Such a great performance against a very good side in Coalville. We made them look average. :clapping:

Not one of our players had a bad game, Albie deserved to be man of the match, although I heard it was his last game for us? Hope we can extend his loan if so.

On a smaller note, Daniel was back.... this time supporting Coalville! :thumbdown:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It was an excellent performance, possibly the best we've seen from a Diamonds side given the level we are at now.. Their keeper kept them in contention in the first half. Still a bit more work to do on defending set pieces though.