[ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Tues 23rd Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 7:45pm ESCP HOME

Post by Trek »

Formic wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:08 am Their keeper kept them in contention in the first half.
On loan from Nottingham Forest, a Latvian U19 international.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/coalville ... 51801.html
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

A very good performance against one of the stronger sides in the league, after a couple of indifferent weeks it's starting to all come together now, with some decent football played by a group who all look comfortable on the ball and with each other. Still a few odd mistakes but I guess if our players weren't making mistakes they wouldn't be our players. Thought the defending of set plays has been better last couple of games and I'm sure Ben would have put his hands up to last nights goal, certainly didn't look like he was going to make the same error for any corners in the 2nd half. There has been room for improvement when defending dead balls but sometimes there is the possibility it's good play from the opposition and not always bad defending from us, there were a few almost undefendable balls played from both sides last night, and it's normally the case whenever we have a dead ball attacking situation we expect to score from it, but we never expect to concede from one, not sure that works.
We are in a position now about in line with what I would have hoped, but to add some context, the 3 league defeats have all been by a single goal to sides that at present sit 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the league, and it could be argued we didn't deserve/shouldn't have lost any of them, we nicked a late one v Tamworth and suffered the reverse v Kings Lynn, all our 4 wins have been as a result of good footballing performances and 2 of them by margins we wouldn't have thought likely at this level, add to that a couple of draws which could have easily been 3 pointers and things ain't so bad. The step up has been a big one, many of the squad did it with ease, some have taken all of 2 months to get there, we are for me now a confirmed Step 3 side with 20+ weeks of ups and downs to look forward to, but given where we were 7 years ago and our budget compared to others around us that's a minor miracle. Well done to Peaksy and all the squad for what has been achieved so far and sure better to come, hope everyone sticks with it as even those who aren't getting much game time at present it's a long hard season and opportunities will arise.
Sadly I've just seen a pair of double decker buses heading up the B645 driven by Ricky and Bully Adams I guess they are heading to Heyden Road to get them parked up early for Saturday.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The Coalville Assistant Manager was a bit Mr Angry in the post-match interview - https://youtu.be/_9M0DBJ95TU

I can't remember a pair on the bench giving their team so much barbed stick from the very start of the game - and some of the team weren't exactly encouraging their team-mates either. Whilst our bench appeared rather quiet in contrast, that's a better approach than the lambasting the opposition players were getting.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Formic wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:49 pm The Coalville Assistant Manager was a bit Mr Angry in the post-match interview - https://youtu.be/_9M0DBJ95TU

I can't remember a pair on the bench giving their team so much barbed stick from the very start of the game - and some of the team weren't exactly encouraging their team-mates either. Whilst our bench appeared rather quiet in contrast, that's a better approach than the lambasting the opposition players were getting.
Wow . He certainly was Mr Angry. :rolleyes: :wacko:

As I was leaving the ground I heard him giving that interview and thought then "not a happy bunny". I wonder how much longer he will be still be in a job if they lose to Barwell on saturday.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Excellent performance from all, excellent win (3 points) looked comfortable on the ball, a good all round performance from all the lads. :biggrin:
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 pm Thoroughly enjoyed that. We were excellent throughout and played some cracking football at times. The effort from Hicks to retrieve a lost cause and set up the first goal was brilliant. :clapping:

Nice to see Ben Diamond affect the game positively from wide and Reynolds behind him was immense too.
Reynolds was superb last night and my motm. Westwood would really have to up his game to dislodge him from that position. That's not to say however, that he couldn't play in front of him. Hicks looks the much more comfortable in the centre of midfield as some sort of solid starting eleven is starting to gel.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I’ve noticed that, subject to postponements due to FA Trophy involvement, our next 6 league fixtures are all against teams currently in the bottom half of the table, including 3 of the bottom 4.

With a bit of confidence from recent performances and results, it’s a great chance to put some points on the board.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 pm I’ve noticed that, subject to postponements due to FA Trophy involvement, our next 6 league fixtures are all against teams currently in the bottom half of the table, including 3 of the bottom 4.

With a bit of confidence from recent performances and results, it’s a great chance to put some points on the board.
I rather hope that we only have to play 4 league games.

3/11 Rushall Olympic Home

10/11 Lowestoft Away.....but hopefully FA Trophy instead

13/11 Hitchin Home

17/11 Bedworth Home

20/11 Banbury Away

24/11 Halesowen Home...….subject to FA Trophy

The Hitchin game is complicated as tonight they beat Leatherhead and will play Solihull Moors on 10th Nov. Should there be a result in that match they may have to play an FA Trophy game on the 13th, if they get past Hayes this weekend. I believe any FA Cup replay would be on w/c 19th Nov.

Plus don't forget we have the Hillier Cup match against ON Chenecks on Nov 6th Home