FA Trophy draw today

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

FA Trophy draw today

Post by sussexdiamond »

I presume we will get the draw for the Trophy today. In three previous seasons we have never been drawn away, although have had two replays at Histon and Lincoln. Expect us to be in the northern half of the draw, the only local Step 4 clubs remaining are Kempston and Cambridge City. This is not a competition we have excelled in so now is time to change that.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: FA Trophy draw today

Post by Formic »

What about Bedford Town? The previous round was split into four regions, with a central one containing the likes of Yaxley and Cambridge C, as well as a lot of the teams we played when we were in the NPL1S, but Kempston and Bedford were in a south eastern one that stretched much further (they won at Dereham and Tilbury respectively). For last season the draw was still divided like that for the forthcoming stage.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

We are at home to St Ives.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oh excellent. An almost instantaneous replay of one of the worst games of football I’ve seen in years.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 pm Oh excellent. An almost instantaneous replay of one of the worst games of football I’ve seen in years.
I think St Ives will set up to play for penalties. :hmmm:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:08 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 pm Oh excellent. An almost instantaneous replay of one of the worst games of football I’ve seen in years.
I think St Ives will set up to play for penalties. :hmmm:
That’s an improvement then if they are going to set up to play.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Poppies v Stourbridge pick of the ties.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

A good draw at home in the FA Trophy, (St Ives at home) winnable game, makes up for a lot of away games we've been drawn to in the cups.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Not an exciting tie, but definitely a winnable one. We know what their game plan will be, we just have to match their work rate, nail the final ball, and make sure we are clinical in front of goal. We've been rather inconsistent with the latter two this season, but have shown in a few games that we have the quality to get it right.

With the disappointing early FA Cup exit, and no expectation to achieve anything in the league, we could really do with a good run in the Trophy, a competition in which we have massively underachieved in previous seasons. There's good money at stake, and the chance of a game against some of our former Conference/Football League foes.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297