[ Sat 20th Oct ] v King's Lynn Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY (COACH FULL)

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v King's Lynn Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

After last night's U18/MAA Match at Hayden Road, attention now turns to the weekend fixture at King's Lynn.

Don't forget to book a space on the coach if not already done so - details above.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I wonder if we see any new faces on Saturday or next Tuesday. Central defender especially needed to allow Westbrook to return to his right position. Last night was a good opportunity to bend the ear of Justin Edinburgh.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

The coach for our trip to @officialKLtown on Saturday is now full.
https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/1052964931157614593
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:56 pm I wonder if we see any new faces on Saturday or next Tuesday. Central defender especially needed to allow Westbrook to return to his right position. Last night was a good opportunity to bend the ear of Justin Edinburgh.
May not see any new faces but one old face most likely to be facing us is Michael Gash
He scored 6 goals in 18 appearances in season 2010-11.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:46 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:56 pm I wonder if we see any new faces on Saturday or next Tuesday. Central defender especially needed to allow Westbrook to return to his right position. Last night was a good opportunity to bend the ear of Justin Edinburgh.
May not see any new faces but one old face most likely to be facing us is Michael Gash
Including 4 in one game against Bath City. I remember reading at the time he was the first person to have scored 4 for us in one game since Adrian Foster in September 1997 (funnily enough that was Foster's full debut for the club, a 5-5 draw with Farnborough at Nene Park).

Russ Dunkley scored 5 against Cockfosters in the FA Cup a few years back (all 5 of them headers before he was substituted after 53 minutes), but has any other AFC R&D player scored more than 3 goals in a single game?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:10 am
Including 4 in one game against Bath City. I remember reading at the time he was the first person to have scored 4 for us in one game since Adrian Foster in September 1997 (funnily enough that was Foster's full debut for the club, a 5-5 draw with Farnborough at Nene Park).

Russ Dunkley scored 5 against Cockfosters in the FA Cup a few years back (all 5 of them headers before he was substituted after 53 minutes), but has any other AFC R&D player scored more than 3 goals in a single game?
The 5-5 v Farnborough was the first game I ever took Sam to watch at Nene Park, took some explaining to a 4 year old it wouldn't be like that every week, though I managed to match it almost with the 1st time I took him to Goodison and watched Everton Beat West Ham 6-0.
Not sure the are any players about to sign as despite a good start to the season JT at The Eagles has signed another 4 players in the past couple of weeks.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:10 am

Bully got 4 in the 9-0 win over Desborough in February 2015. I remember it vividly, as I was listening to Radio Diamonds whilst sat by a pool in the Dominican Republic!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v King's Lynn Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY (COACH FULL)

Post by YoungDiamond »

Tom Liversedge scored 4 vs Leighton Town at home in a 7-1 win.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The Kings Lynn website seems to lack the basic information on directions, parking, catering etc, but some of that information is available via their supporter's trust website - http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/lynnmap.php

If you use the directions page on that site there is a suggestion that the parking at the ground is for "VIPs"/ disabled only, but I'm not aware of any official statement from the club to that effect.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

The Match has kicked off.

Don't forget you can follow our excellent LIVE Commentary with Radio Diamonds - at http://www.radiodiamonds.co.uk/

Note: RADIO DIAMONDS SPONSOR! Many thanks to our sponsor Adam's Apple, suppliers of quality fruit, vegetables and dairy, available online and at their shop in Raunds. Check them out at http://www.adamsapple.biz/ and on Twitter - https://twitter.com/AAFreshProduce

And also follow along on twitter as well https://twitter.com/afcrd