[ Sat 13th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 13th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Official Match Preview

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... th-october

HAYDEN ROAD BAR - Post Match Football - looks like it will be:
FC Halifax Town v Chesterfield National League 17:15 BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Oct ] v Barwell, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

After last week's cracking result I don't see the need to change anything. Let's hope everyone's fit and available and attack Barwell from the start.
I think we owe this lot one don't we?
AFC R & D member number 34
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Oct ] v Barwell FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by Adrian »

Lets get some consistency into it and follow up on last weeks incredible win, Barwell are not what they used to be so we have a good chance of getting a point at the very least for sure.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Barwell still have Brady Hickey playing for them and he has always performed well when playing against us for the ‘Scottish team’ and, of course, scoring the winning goal a few seasons back in the FA Cup replay at the Dog & Duck for Barwell.

I expect it to be a very tight match.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> Bit of a windy day at Hayden Road today - hopefully it calms a bit for tomorrow.

Check out Jon Dunham's article ahead of the match.

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 5439128576

And don't forget Tom Lorraine and Biff are on the Radio Northampton Friday Night Sport show from 6pm-7pm too!
http://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8203

Stream will be here afterwards: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06lgstk - you probably have to be registered with a BBCid these days to listen.

Select "LIsten Now" (you need to be registered for BBCid).

About 25:00 into the show.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Could be an interesting bench today. With players leaving or not available will we even have five subs.?
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:54 am Could be an interesting bench today. With players leaving or not available will we even have five subs.?
The suggestion in Jon Dunham's article about Joel's departure was that three players might return to the squad. I hope we stick to the players who did so well at Needham Market, with either Dean or Hopkins taking the place of the departed Gyasi until we find a replacement.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I thought we were marginally the better side overall but it was another home match devoid of any real attacking quality. Important to pick up a point and keep some momentum going.

Our two full backs played very well and generally I felt we defended well. Albie Hopkins was the source of much of our good attacking play but some of the others weren’t able to contribute as much as they have done in other games.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

A real shame that Ben Farrell mislaid his shooting boots in the close season since he was our leading goalscorer last season. He had one or two decent opportunities just inside the box but has clearly lost his composure. I also thought we were marginally the better side today and can see this will be the pattern at this higher level, getting a point when perhaps we ought to be winning but that’s because we are lacking quality in the penalty box. We aren’t a million miles away and we’re still 11th in the table as there were many drawn games this afternoon. About where I thought we would be at the start of the season.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I've nothing much to add about the match, but a special mention must be made for those volunteers who contributed so much to our Non-League Day offering - giving us the top crowd of the day in our division.