[ Sat 6th Oct ] v Needham Market FC, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 6th Oct ] v Needham Market FC, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 6th Oct ] v Needham Market FC, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Formic »

Additional note added to the preview regarding the match programme and access.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

A local game to me! I thought I'd never see the day again! Thanks to the FA for the league restructuring! :drinks:
Formic

Post by Formic »

I think Zack Reynolds will start following MoM performances in his last two games. It was good to hear him give the explanation for his absence last Saturday in the Kempston audio - working at the Ryder Cup. The audio was also interesting to hear some direct criticism of players, something you don't often hear.

A win tomorrow would really help to put our season back on track.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Online Programme now available - see their tweet.

https://twitter.com/drewney2000/status/ ... 0558155776
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

What a detailed programme!

Not sure whether we will be able to play though as the ground regulations state 'PLEASE NOTE NO BALL GAMES ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE GROUND'
Norfolk Diamond

Post by Norfolk Diamond »

Also gets me that rightfully they are strict on foul language and you will be ejected if you use any, but what about the foul language from the players?
We have all seen players tell the ref to F*** Off!
It did make me smile though about discriminatory chants and behaviour by banning all of it . So no longer can we say "who ate all the pies" (weightism) " She fell over" (sexism) "Wheres yer zimmerframe (ageist)
Anyone got anymore?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Well sadly I wasn't there today, but what an utterly magnificent result :clapping: :biggrin:

Rarely since our UCL days have we been so rampant away from home, but I've got to ask those who were there, how did we go from a team that scores 5 in 6 games to a team that scores 5 in one afternoon? Other than the obvious, what did we do differently this afternoon or were NH having an off day? It's a remarkable scoreline and I hope it will be the boost we needed to kickstart our season :good:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Formic

Post by Formic »

Olly wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm Well sadly I wasn't there today, but what an utterly magnificent result :clapping: :biggrin:

Rarely since our UCL days have we been so rampant away from home, but I've got to ask those who were there, how did we go from a team that scores 5 in 6 games to a team that scores 5 in one afternoon? Other than the obvious, what did we do differently this afternoon or were NH having an off day? It's a remarkable scoreline and I hope it will be the boost we needed to kickstart our season :good:
It was a magnificent performance today, driven by a willingness to close down the opposition in every area of the pitch, battle for possession, and to move the ball quickly to all areas of the pitch. None of the hoofing forward, much better link up between the defence and midfield, and the midfield and attack. We had plenty of other chances, and apart from the long-standing concern about defending corners and set-pieces it was by some distance our best performance at this level. There was a really good team spirit too - evidenced by the huddles after the goals that made the game safe.

Even the substitutions were judged to maintain the shape of the side, with "like-for-like" changes.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Brilliant result, certainly wasn’t expecting that after recent performances.

Wasn’t at the game yesterday, but from the feedback I’ve had from people that were at the game it sounds like we kept the ball on the floor and many of the goals were very well worked. I don’t know why we’ve resorted to hoofing the ball around recently given we’ve clearly got a squad of players that are capable enough to actually pass the ball around. Hopefully that’s the end of it now.

King’s Lynn lost which means our match against them in 2 weeks’ time will go ahead as planned. Had they won against Ashton United we’d have had another free Saturday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291