[ Mon 25th Aug ] v St Neots Town, KO 3pm ESPC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Mon 25th Aug ] v St Neots Town, KO 3pm ESPC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Mon 25th Aug ] v St Neots Town, KO 3pm ESPC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Parking Information from St Neots FC

https://twitter.com/StNeotsTownFC/statu ... 5169895425

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

paulg

Post by paulg »

Great 3 points. Was a bit concerned in the first half when they pushed us back and their set-pieces were causing us problems, but after the break we were much more assertive and gave their defence plenty to worry about. Bully was superb and a great calming influence.

We’re above the likes of King’s Lynn & Tamworth in the table and have a game in hand on them and many others too.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Well we have that defence back again! Or we did.....how bad is Ashton? Great re placement blaze to have . Anyway if you don’t concede you don’t lose.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Important to get some points on the board after a couple of harsh defeats. I thought Ben Heath was exceptional in the first half and a special mention too for Albie Hopkins in what I’m guessing was his first senior start. He looks a real find - god knows why we didn’t bring him on on Saturday!

With Westwood going off injured there’s an opportunity to return to a back three on Friday night if we want to, with Diamond potentially coming back in. Having said that a back four was probably required today. Hopefully the injuries we picked up today aren’t too bad.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Interviews only from AFCRD. St Neots are providing the match highlights

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Great result today.

100% effort, some great blocks, excellent goalkeeping (Heath was my m.o.m.) and good attacking options although we need Diamond and Bowen available so we can mix it up.

Hope the injury to Ashton isn't too bad (Westwood too who I thought had a good game).
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It was good to see Ben Diamond doing some warming up today. I was surprised Leon Lobjoit didn't get a run out today if we were without Bowen and Dean was being rested.

This really is a season where we are having to make significant changes due to injuries and unavailability. It's so difficult to keep track who is out, and how long it might be until they return. We assume Jack Bowen was out due to his knock on Saturday, but don't know how long that might be for. Nathan Hicks wasn't around, and Ross Oulton seems to have dropped off the teamsheet in the past couple of games. Joe Curtis was due to resume training but hasn't been seen on the bench as yet. Other questions concern the availability of a goalkeeper for the FA Cup 7-man bench. I think we were told Zack Reynolds was away, but that seems to have gone on a while.

Perhaps a regular update might be useful, accepting we don't want to give away any secrets to our opponents.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Not a classic, but we looked comfortable and didn’t let them create anything too dangerous. Agreed on Hopkins, very technically gifted. It was lovely to sit and watch a game of football in a nice stadium.