Name for the new bar [Vote closed - "The Crosskeys" it is].

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Name for the new bar

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I was more or less convinced that The Cross Keys was a good name for the bar.
Now l am certain that The 12th Man is a great name for a bar at a football club.
I vote for The 12th Man.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

It doesn't need a name.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

therushden wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:28 pm It doesn't need a name.
This.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

therushden wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:28 pm It doesn't need a name.
Agree, If it was ours alone then it would be an idea to name it but given it's not by the time everyone has gone round the houses trying to find something that is natural it ends up as something that means little or nothing to either Club. The reference to 19th hole not that relevant as the bar at Golf Club's is referred to as that as it's were you go after the 18th, but very unlikely to be named that. Using that as logic and given most supporters go straight home after a game we could call it "the one's who stayed after the game bar" one small issue with "12th Man" how long before an over exuberant PC visitor asks "are only Men allowed in the bar then" so that now only allows us to maybe call it "12th Person Bar" It's a shared bar at a football ground, all we actually need is some photos etc on the walls from hopefully both Clubs to make it look like that, and of course decent beer, which in Maltsmiths we now have, only sales volume may drop as it's 4.6% as opposed to normal session IPA of 3.6/3.8%
Norfolk Diamond

Post by Norfolk Diamond »

I don't take the PC bit Brownie the 12th man is an addition to 11 other men. As men only are allowed to play in the first team then there's no requirement to make it both sexes. I wonder what the bar is called at Personchester United :tongue: ,There is obviously no requirement on any level to have a name its just a bit of fun really. Sky is expensive but could be good to get lunchtime drinkers for 1pm kick offs and to get people to stay behind for the 5pm kickoff games.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Norfolk Diamond wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 pm I don't take the PC bit Brownie the 12th man is an addition to 11 other men. As men only are allowed to play in the first team then there's no requirement to make it both sexes. I wonder what the bar is called at Personchester United :tongue: ,There is obviously no requirement on any level to have a name its just a bit of fun really. Sky is expensive but could be good to get lunchtime drinkers for 1pm kick offs and to get people to stay behind for the 5pm kickoff games.
Sorted then, The Sky Sports Bar.
Norfolk Diamond

Noo noo noo trademarks act say can't use SKY in advertising . Just sports bar it is then ?
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Norfolk Diamond wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:22 pm Noo noo noo trademarks act say can't use SKY in advertising . Just sports bar it is then ?
Noo noo noo, lets not get to complicated just call it 'BAR'
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Norfolk Diamond

Hey just responding to the OP that asked for a name why not shoot them?
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I’m losing the will to live now! :cheesy:
AFC R&D Member No. 67