Fixtures Released 19th July 10am

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Re: Fixtures Released 19th July 10am

Post by Dowlo »

Adrian wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:17 pm
Doubt there will be any particular club that runs away with it this year.

I hate to say it but I suspect them lot up the A6 might have something to say about that. The squad they are putting/keeping together is pretty bloody good for this level. Plus it must be sh*t or bust quite literally for them this season!
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Dowlo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:23 pm
Adrian wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:17 pm
Doubt there will be any particular club that runs away with it this year.

I hate to say it but I suspect them lot up the A6 might have something to say about that. The squad they are putting/keeping together is pretty bloody good for this level. Plus it must be sh*t or bust quite literally for them this season!
Stratford are splashing the cash. They have a new Chairman/Owner. They have already signed Nabil. And of course Kings Lynn will be keen to carry on from last season. The big problem for these clubs is that only one club gets automatic promotion and there will only be two play off winners from the four Step 3 leagues.

I am more interested in how we will perform. Anywhere in the top eight will be a terrific achievement.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Quite please with that, thought we would have a home game 1st game out, looking forward to 1st league game of the season.

Also agree and think that Kings Lynn and lot up the A6 will be near/to challenging at the top, as long with Tamworth.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Dowlo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:23 pm
Adrian wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:17 pm Doubt there will be any particular club that runs away with it this year.
I think they have probably had one of the best squads on paper in their league for the last 2 years but from looking at their results they bottle it in pressure matches and get complacent against teams they should be beating. I think they have also signed former players in the last 2 years too so after signing Marcus Kelly I reckon it will again be a case of close but no cigar for them. (They will probably run away with it now I said that)

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 pm Anywhere in the top eight will be a terrific achievement.
I'm with you on that.
It looks like only 7 of the 22 teams in this new league finished in the top 10 at step 3 last season, so am looking forward to it and intrigued to see how it plays out :)
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

The top 3 will be K*ttering, Kings Lynn and Redditch.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

FOOTYMAN wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 pm The top 3 will be K*ttering, Kings Lynn and Redditch.
Why Redditch?

Would expect K*ttering, King's Lynn, Tamworth and Stourbridge to make up 4 of the Top 5.

St. Ives, Barwell, Halesowen, Bedworth, Lowestoft and Alvechurch being the teams to struggle.

The remaining 12 teams much of a muchness.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

A lot of names that bring back memories as playing against the original Rushden & Diamonds.

I wonder if its possible that both games against K*ttering will be moved back to a 12 o'clock kick-off?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Has anybody else noticed that Lowestoft (A) is the same date as the FA Trophy 2nd Qual Rd.

It only needs either of us to get to that stage (likely i'd have thought), and our second longest away league game ever is on a Tuesday night. :shock:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 pm Has anybody else noticed that Lowestoft (A) is the same date as the FA Trophy 2nd Qual Rd.

It only needs either of us to get to that stage (likely i'd have thought), and our second longest away league game ever is on a Tuesday night. :shock:
You've eagle eyes BR, fantastic spot!
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I take it the Coalville game on the 25th is cancelled already due to us being in the FA cup that day?