It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

It is time for change

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Today's performance was the third I've seen that just isn't up to scratch. The team on paper looks a good one, but why we don't play our best midfielder in Farrell baffles me.
Managers need to be judged on results, ours so far haven't been good enough.
Time for change in my opinion.
AFC R & D member number 34
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: It is time for change

Post by Rushdenjim »

It is difficult to offer a considered opinion straight after a game, especially a game like that.

Go and read the post match thread from the Beaconsfield game and I suspect most of us on here will be feeling exactly the same tonight. Flat, boring, not clinical enough and conceding too many soft goals. That game was four weeks ago. Following that defeat, Peaks said that there was 'issues' for him to address and it was the first game this season that has left him disappointed. We have played seven times since then, winning twice (Dunstable and St Neots), drawing three times and losing twice. Losing in the FA Cup replay and today as well as the draws away at Chalfont and Arlesey at home can be considered disappointments. Neither has Peaks seriously addressed any of the issues that contributed to the defeat by Beaconsfield. In fact, looking at today's game, we have got WORSE in those 4 weeks.

This season represents a unique opportunity to get out of this league with the extra promotion spot and one-off play-off situation. Getting knocked out of both cup has left Andy is a situation where only one outcome this season can now be considered a successful campaign. If a change, in whatever form helps us move forward and gets us playing positive football again, then I would struggle to disagree.
Last edited by Rushdenjim on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Here we go again.

One defeat, sack the manager.

Some if you shouldn't be allowed through the doors if Hayden Road.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm
What was your opinion of the performance this afternoon?
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Massively disappointed today - we got what we deserved overall and best wishes to Kidsgrove for the next round and beyond - they deserved the win today!

I watched us at Dunstable and performances there and today were poles apart!

I do ask the question why our best midfielder (IMO) was left on the bench all afternoon??? He could have influenced the game.

Beaten by the better side today - but we know we’re better than that - questions for the manager and players to answer!

On that performance I fully expect K*ttering to rip us a new one - god hope Whitworths don’t on Tuesday!

Gutted by that !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
SouthRushdenJFC

Trek wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm
What was your opinion of the performance this afternoon?
Irrelevant, and you know I wasn't there. What I do know is that you don't change a manager after one bad performance.

At this level, and remember it is not the football league, as long as the players are still playing for the manager and not cheating him then you consider change at the end if the season.

Naughty just quoting part of the post as well. Read the whole thing and you will know what the jist of my post was. I thought better of you.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Sorry SRJFC, but if I was me and I hadn't attended the game then I certainly wouldn't come on a fans forum and question why such comments have been made.

Changes should have been made by the management at halftime. Farrell should have replaced Bunting who had a shocking first half and as for Dillon he, once again, was very poor and offered no threat whatsoever and I would not entertain him any longer. Not until Lorraine was introduced, far too late in my opinion, did it look as if we showed any threat in their penalty area.
I must question why our management are so reluctant to use the substitutes until after the game has been lost.

A great opportunity to encourage supporters who we don't often see at HR to return but performances such as that make it unlikely that will happen.
Last edited by Trek on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 pm
At this level, and remember it is not the football league, as long as the players are still playing for the manager and not cheating him then you consider change at the end if the season.
You come out with some shit at times. Most of the time if we're being honest. The level of football you are at does not dictate how long a manager is given.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 pm
You come out with some shit at times. Most of the time if we're being honest. The level of football you are at does not dictate how long a manager is given.
Well I'll bow to your superior knowledge of talking shit.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 pmAt this level, and remember it is not the football league
:hmmm:

Thanks for the update, I guess we'd all forgotten after watching the club these last few years?
Member Number: 21