[ Tue 15th Nov ] v Lincoln Utd, KO 7:45pm FAT2QR REPLAY AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: [ Tue 15th Nov ] v Lincoln Utd, KO 7:45pm FAT2QR REPLAY AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Unfair to single out any one person tonight as it was a collectively shit effort. We've seen some immensely disappointing games already this season, Hendon, Histon, Rugby. This was right up there with those, probably worse actually. There were no positives whatsoever, no crumbs of comfort to cling on to.

Agree with previous comments about Heath although I don't think Finlay could be blamed for the goals. Certainly not the second one which was a screamer.

One of the worst things for me tonight was early in the first-half when Chris Wreh unsuccessfully tried a bit of skill and was absolutely hammered for it by at least one of his own teammates who should have known better. It was way over the top and embarrasing really. Wreh, who had started quite brightly actually, went in to his shell after that and struggled badly. He's a young lad making his first start, how about a bit of encouragement?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Just got back, was going to post my thoughts in depth, but after driving for 95 mins I really can't be arsed!

Not good enough tonight, very lacklustre performance! Collectively and individually lacking!

Went out with a whimper tonight which is disappointing. But I was there to see Jake rise like a salmon and make one header - one to tell my grandson about that was. For a tall lad he really doesn't try to do that very often does he?

I feel deflated tonight, bit like our performance, flat!

Cliche time - let's focus on the league !
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There was a strange atmosphere around the team all night. They seemed very low key in their warm up, especially given the hosts were enthusiastically getting ready for such an important game. Very few players seemed to put in the sort of effort we've seen in recent games where we've come from behind or scored late goals, and as a result the Lincoln keeper barely had anything to do all night.

Obviously we badly missed the players that were unavailable, and some of those playing probably weren't 100% match fit, but that doesn't excuse those that started not being properly up for the game (with the notable exception of Richard Bunting, who tried his best to get others to put in his level of effort).
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I think the term "cruise control" for the home side sums it up nicely in this report - http://thelinc.co.uk/2016/11/lincoln-un ... eplay-win/
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The question of Heath being available was sorted last week...as an unused sub for his previous club he was thus eligible to play for us.
Clearly if Finners is fit he is the first choice keeper. Heath is a great understudy and will get games (unlike Vitue/Haynes etc).

Last night was just "a game to far" considering all the absentees. Had we scored at any time I think Lincoln may have been rattled and we would have been lifted, but it was not to be. At the end keeping the score to 0-2 was an achievement in itself.

Back to the bread and butter now and lets really start to make our mark on this league. Still unbeaten in 11 league games.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67
olio

Post by olio »

'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002