[ Tue 20th Sep ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 7:45pm NFAHC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 20th Sep ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 7:45pm NFAHC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 20th Sep ] v K*ttering Town FC, KO 7:45pm NFAHC AWAY

Post by ParcelFace »

Hate to say it but I just don't care about the game this time. We need to focus on the league and the cup, it's not as if we've got nothing on like we did last time. I'd be tempted to rest people and get ready for Saturday.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

What is parking like at Latimer Park?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote:What is parking like at Latimer Park?
Poor unless you can get a space in the club car park. They are not allowed to use the old Alumasc factory car park at the front which BPW were permitted to use when we played them a few years back. Watch out for the double yellow lines on the estate road and don't park on the adjoining grass verges as the police ticket cars there.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

K*ttering will be fielding a strong team according to Marcus Law on the ET website. Peaks' post match interview from Saturday suggests we'll do likewise, so it should be a good game.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote:K*ttering will be fielding a strong team according to Marcus Law on the ET website. Peaks' post match interview from Saturday suggests we'll do likewise, so it should be a good game.
Come tomorrow night and depending upon state of injuries and today's draw don't think any of us would be bothered if that wasn't the case though.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

I can't see us getting much out of this game if I'm being honest. I'm sure the final defeat to us back in May will be used as motivation to go and try and stick 4 or 5 past us. Mind you I said we'd lose by that many back in May so what do I know.

I'll be fascinated to see how their fans react if they do beat us though, after all they don't see us as rivals or as being important. So I'm sure they'll just clap the team off and not gloat about it at all :hmmm:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote:I can't see us getting much out of this game if I'm being honest. I'm sure the final defeat to us back in May will be used as motivation to go and try and stick 4 or 5 past us. Mind you I said we'd lose by that many back in May so what do I know.

I'll be fascinated to see how their fans react if they do beat us though, after all they don't see us as rivals or as being important. So I'm sure they'll just clap the team off and not gloat about it at all :hmmm:
Twitter will be interesting afterwards if they do manage to beat us! Certainly was when we beat them in the final!!

Think it will be best to steer clear for a day or two, as no doubt the K*ttering keyboard warriors will be out in force!! Not that they consider us rivals or anything!! :biggrin:

Personally I think we'll continue our great record against them with a win!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

A chance to see Wreh and Stevenson in action and maybe Harvey and Ackroyd. I don't think we will be too bothered if we lose, but need to keep score respectable. This competition in early stages, like the League Cup, is not taken seriously but should we get further it becomes more attractive ...like last season.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Good to see some new signings coming in - Rory Winters looks like a coup.