Dale Roberts Documentary

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
olio

Dale Roberts Documentary

Post by olio »

As a few of you may be aware me and a friend are currently in the midst of producing a film documentary based on the life and career of Dale Roberts. We're aiming to interview the people closest to him in his personal and working life in an attempt to celebrate the great man's life, with the planned release date to be on October 22nd of this year which would have been his 30th birthday. So far we have already interviewed Jon, Ralph, Peaksy and Kev Shoemake, and an interview with Paul Fairclough has also been arranged for the near future.

Firstly we plan to be at the DRMC game on the 30th July against Didcot Town, and any fans who wish to share their memroies and thoughts of Dale are more than welcome to do so. We will be around the ground from around 2pm till around 5:30pm, the more content and thoughts we get the better so if you fancy doing a quick interview on that day then feel free to comment below or drop me a PM.

Also I have the RDFC vs Stevenage DVD of the 2009/2010 season, but we are looking for more footage of Dale to use within the piece. I know there was a few DVD's of that play-off season that were available to buy from the club shop at the time, so I was wondering if anybody on here had any of those DVD's that I could borrow for a short period to use in the documentary? As with the interviews the more footage we have available for the piece the better, and though we have some videos from YouTube that will be used it'd be brilliant if anybody had any more footage in the form of the match DVD's.

Finally, I remember seeing a video of the Dale Roberts chant that was sung by the Peter de Banke terrace on YouTube. The song started in the stand and Dale turned around and applauded the fans. However I can't find the video anywhere on the website, and so was wondering if anybody on here could point me in the right direction of where I could find it or if somebody had it saved as a favourite video or something?

Any help on any of these matters would be greatly appreciated :good:
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
Southstand

Re: Dale Roberts Documentary

Post by Southstand »

Hi olio - can you ping me an email - I think I have some old stuff I can send you, as I was involved in the club around then.

It's matthew_banyard@hotmail.co.uk
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Dale Roberts Documentary

Post by The Godfather »

I remember when The Feathers was in Rushden, him, Craig Farrell and Curtis Osano sometimes ended in there on a Saturday night, also some times on a Thursday when it was cheap night. :drinks:
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."