Play Off Dates

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Play Off Dates

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Have these been released yet? Are they likely to be midweek or on a weekend?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Play Off Dates

Post by BartonRaz »

Play-Off Semi - either Tuesday 26th or Wednesday 27th April.

Play-Off Final - Monday 2nd May.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

It's not a home or away (in either the semi or final) the home advantage is the team highest in the league.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Oundle Diamond #2

BartonRaz wrote:Play-Off Semi - either Tuesday 26th or Wednesday 27th April.

Thanks!

Well this is gutting. Why on earth are the semi finals not on weekends? Surely they want as many fans to be able to make it as possible? Bizarre.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
Well this is gutting. Why on earth are the semi finals not on weekends? Surely they want as many fans to be able to make it as possible? Bizarre.
Probably what the SL and member clubs want otherwise there would be a proposal for a change at the AGM. I suspect they all want it resolved and out of the way as quickly as possible with part time players doing other things. Recall the Ploppies losing in the Play Off Final on May Bank Holiday Monday a couple of years ago and the the attendance at Latimer Park exceeded 2000 that day so this is an ideal date for the Final and probably ensures the maximum attendance.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Play-Off Semi - either Tuesday 26th or Wednesday 27th April.

Thanks!

Monday 2nd is a Bank Holiday.
Oundle Diamond #2

Can understand a bank holiday works for most for a final but don't understand why semi finals are midweek, especially when the players are part time and I assume work during weekdays too.

Makes it virtually impossible for any working fan who holds down a job that isn't a 9-5. I won't be able to make either game because of work, which is a shame - I assumed they would be on a weekend :(
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Can understand a bank holiday works for most for a final but don't understand why semi finals are midweek, especially when the players are part time and I assume work during weekdays too.

Makes it virtually impossible for any working fan who holds down a job that isn't a 9-5. I won't be able to make either game because of work, which is a shame - I assumed they would be on a weekend :(
Without meaning to state the obvious, if the last game is on the 23rd and the final is on Monday 2nd, it don't leave a lot of weekends inbetween :cheesy:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Oundle Diamond #2

The pope is a catholic haha.

Appreciate that if that bank holiday is set in stone then it has to be a weekday but overall a frustrating situation. Don't see why they can't be on the next two weekends after the season finishing. 5 days extra to the season for a lot more fans being able to attend seems like it could be more sensible. It's not like you can just watch on TV like the RDFC days.

You win some, you lose some.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:The pope is a catholic haha.

Appreciate that if that bank holiday is set in stone then it has to be a weekday but overall a frustrating situation. Don't see why they can't be on the next two weekends after the season finishing. 5 days extra to the season for a lot more fans being able to attend seems like it could be more sensible. It's not like you can just watch on TV like the RDFC days.

You win some, you lose some.
The reason that is usually trotted out is that the Step 3 / 4 constitution needs to be settled as soon as possible, which in turn allows the FA to make decisions on placing team in various leagues, step 5 promotions, reprieves etc prior to the League Allocations Meeting in mid-May after the Conference Playoffs are complete. In practice it seems an awful lot gets adjusted in the following 3 months anyway - as we saw with the Flackwell Heath situation last season.