Is today....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Is today....

Post by Pigman »

............the day we ALL start to believe the impossible dream is, just, possible?

That has to be a fantastic confidence booster to the lads, they must now truly believe they belong in the company they are keeping at the top end of the table - Tuesday will truly tell. Keep the run going and we might just be gatecrashing the cosy little party of 3 at the top - feet firmly planted on the ground here, but IF we can beat all those around us we'll be in with one hell of a shout of pushing for the top spot. York crumbled today, as did Boro, Oxford won but are inconsistent - Luton and oursleves are on a roll, the pressure is being applied - bloody exciting isn't it?

Overall I reckon we mugged Boro a little today, they probably had the lions share of the game and looked the more composed at moving the ball around, but in truth created little in the way of clear cut chances. A draw was probably a fair result..........but who cares about that eh? 2-1 at their place certainly wasn't fair so its evened out.

THAT save was a pivotal moment for me, had that gone in we would have lost the game, I don't reckon we would have come back, I still haven't worked out how he did it, I'd love to see it again. As it was that seemed to boost the lads on - the goal was just sensational.

So on to Oxford, win that AND beat Mansfield and by the time Boro play a league game again we'll be 2 points behind them. I really enjoyed that and I guess the 1504 home fans did too - hopefully many more of them will be back, it'd be great to see 400+ travel on Tuesday - possible? I really hope to be one of them !!

Well done lads, I go to bed tonight very happy !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51