Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

Brownie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 pm Rough link to former players, as you’ll all remember we didn’t have the pleasure of visiting the illustrious Peterborough Sports, well you’ve all missed f all. I’m here tonight for obvious reasons and I hope for your sake it’s not cold when Diamonds come here.
The bar is a tent you get served from but don’t go in.
A small burger van, though to be fair 🍔 are good may have another.
A small porta cabin next to pop up bar which is for Directors and officials only.
Everyone else has nowhere indoors to go😳
A small terrace behind half of one end, 50 ish seats on one side and the same the other side.
And it’s pis...g down with rain.
All the noise the PSFC lot make and this is what they offer, still at least we know all the money in recent years hasn’t gone on players!!!
Step 3??? As Jim Royal would say “my arse”
They certainly never had the same ground grader Diamonds used to have.
Hope your all well and no doubt see you soon.
The most impressive thing is that despite a record crowd, you clearly managed to get parked up. The last (and only) time I went there was when they were in the UCL, and it was a struggle to park then, so it must be awful now.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:15 am
Brownie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 pm Rough link to former players, as you’ll all remember we didn’t have the pleasure of visiting the illustrious Peterborough Sports, well you’ve all missed f all. I’m here tonight for obvious reasons and I hope for your sake it’s not cold when Diamonds come here.
The bar is a tent you get served from but don’t go in.
A small burger van, though to be fair 🍔 are good may have another.
A small porta cabin next to pop up bar which is for Directors and officials only.
Everyone else has nowhere indoors to go😳
A small terrace behind half of one end, 50 ish seats on one side and the same the other side.
And it’s pis...g down with rain.
All the noise the PSFC lot make and this is what they offer, still at least we know all the money in recent years hasn’t gone on players!!!
Step 3??? As Jim Royal would say “my arse”
They certainly never had the same ground grader Diamonds used to have.
Hope your all well and no doubt see you soon.
The most impressive thing is that despite a record crowd, you clearly managed to get parked up. The last (and only) time I went there was when they were in the UCL, and it was a struggle to park then, so it must be awful now.
I did have the advantage of being with a player and arriving at 6.20 for a 7.45 KO so we found space in the medical centre where you can park then register your vehicle to avoid a ticket, then stand out in the rain for 10 minutes waiting for the ground to open. The walk from there to the turnstiles is interesting through 75 yards of wet grass and mud, I’m sure for a week of Josh M’s money they could put a path in. It’s unreal the amount of compliments they have received about how good it was and how organised, f knows what the good folk of Peterborough are used to?? The other thing I omitted from original post, there was a largish group of fairly basic individuals who stand by the dugout hurling as much abuse and obscenities as they can at the opposition bench, 1 steward is in attendance and P S did apologise after the game for it but I guess that probably happens every home game but nothing is done about it. Can’t wait to go back🙄
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Jake The🦩after departing Bedford Town has popped up at Desborough and opening his latest UCL account with a brace against Sleaford in a 5-3 win. And Ryan Dove got the winner for Welly against “we loose every week Nirvana.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Greg Kaziboni didn’t last long at Stratford, he’s gone to Nuneaton and scored tonight on his debut against St. Ives.

Not a former player, but Ravi Shamsi scored 5 of Nuneaton’s 6 goals this evening.

discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

jake the flamingo ,now at afc dunstable
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Ben Acquaye on the bench for K*ttering.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Sid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:23 pm Ben Acquaye on the bench for K*ttering.
Interesting, particularly as I'm pretty sure they'd have to pay a fee for him given his age.

Conference clubs paying fees for players in the current climate seems bonkers.

Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:41 pm
Sid wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:23 pm Ben Acquaye on the bench for K*ttering.
Interesting, particularly as I'm pretty sure they'd have to pay a fee for him given his age.

Conference clubs paying fees for players in the current climate seems bonkers.
Booked within a minute of getting on the pitch!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

He has clearly lost all sense of ambition. This signing smacks of desperation by his agent, his uncle. After failing to impress Maidenhead he should have stayed with us and after a couple months in the shop window he would have had options.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:42 pm After failing to impress Maidenhead
Was it the case that he failed to impress??