Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:36 am
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 am A Twitter post by Drewe Broughton this morning suggests that Ben Chilwell - who made his debut for England last night - was involved in our Youth Team at a young age - around the time that Barry Hunter was Manager. Drewe's brother Gregg was involved in our Academy at the time.

Drewe is an interesting follow on Twitter for those who don't already follow him. He works with elite-level athletes as a human/mental performance coach and also as a motivational speaker. He has a book coming out on the subject in the coming months.

https://twitter.com/DreweBroughton
Ooh, I hope he shares his secrets on how to achieve successive relegations, the art of ill-discipline, and avoiding scoring more than 10 goals in a single season (all competitions) despite playing as a striker his entire career.
Funnily enough he tweeted recently about the difficulties he faced mentally trying to cope with being a striker that didn't score many goals. No mention of the rest though, maybe you can ask him? :biggrin:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

I seem to remember Carlisle United gave out an "Drewe Broughton Award" to the worst trainer/dick of the day. All because Drewe went a bit Joe Hart in the tunnel F-ing and blinding trying to get the lads going before a game up at Brunton Park. We went on to lose the game 5-0! Conceeding after 42 seconds! :good:

Mind you looking at our side no wonder we got smashed!

Ronnie Bull- Jesus!

Rushden & D'monds: Daniel Crane, Gier, Hatswell (Okuonghae 75), Gulliver, Bull, Berry, Caskey, Savage, Kelly (Nicholls 65), Broughton, Mikolanda (Tomlin 54).
Subs Not Used: Tynan, Stokes.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Savage!
My mate is a cobblers fan and said he only scores in the month his contract is up. Wasn't wrong.
That line up would struggle to beat our current side.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:31 pm I seem to remember Carlisle United gave out an "Drewe Broughton Award" to the worst trainer/dick of the day. All because Drewe went a bit Joe Hart in the tunnel F-ing and blinding trying to get the lads going before a game up at Brunton Park. We went on to lose the game 5-0! Conceeding after 42 seconds! :good:

Ronnie Bull- Jesus!

Rushden & D'monds: Daniel Crane, Gier, Hatswell (Okuonghae 75), Gulliver, Bull, Berry, Caskey, Savage, Kelly (Nicholls 65), Broughton, Mikolanda (Tomlin 54).
I seem to remember Savage wasn't very complimentary about the club on his departure, or at least that's what the cobblers fans who used to frequent this forum told us. That does look a poor side on paper, I agree with therushden that side would struggle to beat our current one.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Nabil Shariff rejoins St Neots from Stratford Town.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm
Dowlo wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:31 pm I seem to remember Carlisle United gave out an "Drewe Broughton Award" to the worst trainer/dick of the day. All because Drewe went a bit Joe Hart in the tunnel F-ing and blinding trying to get the lads going before a game up at Brunton Park. We went on to lose the game 5-0! Conceeding after 42 seconds! :good:

Ronnie Bull- Jesus!

I seem to remember Savage wasn't very complimentary about the club on his departure, or at least that's what the cobblers fans who used to frequent this forum told us. That does look a poor side on paper, I agree with therushden that side would struggle to beat our current one.
The three centre halfs were solid (gier, Hatswell and gulliver) but that was an ageing midfield with the disappointing Tyrone berry. I think they would beat the current side 2-1 with lee Tomlin coming off the bench to spare their embarressment and netting a brace :hmmm:
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:10 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Ronnie Bull- Jesus!

The three centre halfs were solid (gier, Hatswell and gulliver) but that was an ageing midfield with the disappointing Tyrone berry. I think they would beat the current side 2-1 with lee Tomlin coming off the bench to spare their embarressment and netting a brace :hmmm:
Unfortunately Gier was playing at right back by then, not centre back. He was much better in the centre, but just got exposed a bit against the bigger sides due to his lack of height.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Yes B Razzler there is a mention of R&D here https://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-10476454. From when Chillerz was on loan at Hudderzfield
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:23 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:54 pm Wonder how long before blaize punter gets a recall for Antigua and Barbuda :cool:
I would imagine he would reject them whilst he is waiting for the call from Southgate!
Spencer Weir Daley (Barwell) has been called into Monserrat squad
Article talking about the Montserrat Team - SWD listed in squad.

"Spencer Weir-Daley Plays for AFC Rushden & Diamonds in the Southern League Premier Division Central"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45519386

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Ryan Robbins scored hat trick for Loughborough v Stocksbridge yesterday....plenty of life in the old dog yet!

Interesting Q & A with Andy Burgess in todays NLP. Comments on Garry Hill and on those responsible for R & D demise, quote " completely sums up the type of person who was allowed to own the football club". He also has 9 ex R & D players in his best X1, including SAtuart Wardley who has just relinquished his post as manager of Saffron Waldron.