Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Former Players

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 pm If Ryan does sign permanently with K*ttering then I think it will be a strange decision from him personally. Considering the abuse he got from a section of their fans on twitter, he did give them as good as he got though. Guess we’ll see if money talks.
Once he plays for them he will love them and they will love him,
Orrin Pendly played for Redditch and was racially abused by a fan when playing agaisnt K*ttering, but he still signed for K*ttering.
Aaron O’connor too, but he signed for them. Money talks I guess, gotta pay the bills.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
paulg

Post by paulg »

Guess RR has to hunt around for some options - he would’ve been low down our pecking order below Lorraine, Diamond, Bowen, Hall and possibly Dean for the coming season?

Plus, given this will be our first season at this level, we need players with consistently strong attitudes who will give it their all during every game, and RR’s habit of blaming the ref for everything and dropping his head when the going gets tough is perhaps why Peaks is going with those named above.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Good player on his day who knows where the net is, but when things arn' t going his way every other player has to put in 110% to accommodate him. Don't think we'll miss his blaming teammates, officials, supporters either.
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:40 am Good player on his day who knows where the net is, but when things arn' t going his way every other player has to put in 110% to accommodate him. Don't think we'll miss his blaming teammates, officials, supporters either.
Did he blame supporters? Always seemed to speak well of us on twitter. praising us for being “a different class”
I really rated RR, but if he signs on for K*ttering then it will leave a very bad taste in my mouth, as it would for any of our players who choose to sign for them.

Guess it works both ways though, their fans likely feel the same about Nathan Hicks and James Hall turning out for us.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:11 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:40 am Good player on his day who knows where the net is, but when things arn' t going his way every other player has to put in 110% to accommodate him. Don't think we'll miss his blaming teammates, officials, supporters either.
Did he blame supporters? Always seemed to speak well of us on twitter. praising us for being “a different class”
I really rated RR, but if he signs on for K*ttering then it will leave a very bad taste in my mouth, as it would for any of our players who choose to sign for them.

Guess it works both ways though, their fans likely feel the same about Nathan Hicks and James Hall turning out for us.
Had the odd spat during matches on the Hayden road side, although he was giving back from abuse. But he should have been able to ignore it and concentrate on the game in hand. That's what I was referring to
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Robbins was very quick to criticise on twitter when games at Hayden Road were postponed due to waterlogged pitches often referring to ‘bad prep’. Mark Panter took exception to his comments on more than one occasion.
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Trek wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:08 am Robbins was very quick to criticise on twitter when games at Hayden Road were postponed due to waterlogged pitches often referring to ‘bad prep’. Mark Panter took exception to his comments on more than one occasion.
Now you mention it I remember him doing that, didn't realise Mark didn't appreciate it
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I don't think some players realise the amount of effort groundsmen put into their job and the pride they take in it. Some football fans are the same too and almost accuse clubs of trying to make sure a game is postponed etc.

Players should realise that if it keeps raining and raining then a groundsman can't work miracles, it's Hayden Road not a ground that's had tens of thousands spent on ground work under the pitch etc.

Bobbins should be more respectful to his next clubs ground staff and considering he lacks consistency in his own performances he should get himself sorted before commenting on the jobs of others.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If he signed for K*ttering he will have plenty of opportunities to criticize their groundsman. Latimer Pond has far worse problems than our ground.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Adrian wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:34 pm Some football fans are the same too and almost accuse clubs of trying to make sure a game is postponed etc.
Unfortunately that does happen from time to time in the lower echelons of the non-league pyramid. Not at our club, I hasten to add.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297