Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ron manager

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by ron manager »

Doyle has now been asked to keep the club alive for two weeks as there maybe light at the end of the tunnel.

EDIT: and then someone said, with our luck it would be a train :lol:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

They are due to host Bideford on Saturday, so the question of wasted travel expenses on an expunged game becomes even more relevant. As I mentioned a page or two ago, this sounds like the situation with Chester City where they were allowed to struggle on with many false dawns being promised before failing to fulfil their fixtures.
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

There is no light at the end of the tunnel !!!!

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/new ... -1-4345085
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

I have this feeling for a while reading all of the stuff flying around that THEY will be saved, but IMO, its all down to KC, as the deal will rely on him selling up the ground, either way, if they are looking to buy the ground as well, I guess whoever it is cant be short of a few pence.

If they are saved, K*ttering Twon Fc would still be dead, as no way, long term can a team called K*ttering Town play 8 miles away from the town, most likely the start of the fabled East Northants United.
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

The possibility that a potential buyer will be found I find simply baffling. What exactly is for sale assuming the buyer wants the stadium and the team. The stadium has never paid for itself from hosting corporate events and functions and now requires massive investment to enable it to compete and would require some well paid professionals to even stand any chance of achieving this. The football club is in a fundamentally perilous state. The fanbase is fractured (beyond repair in my opinion) the experiment has failed, K*ttering fans won't support their team 8 miles out of the borough, and the laughable 600 figure will never even remotely be achieved as the locals have no association with the club. Coupled with the fact the team can only hope to be relegated further, assuming they can see this season out, implies further dwindling support and less revenue.

Therefore a buyer would need to stump up a sizeable sum to purchase the stadium from Cousins and Hill, presumably somewhere upward of at least a few million. They would then need to buy the club from Ladak, who despite not having anything but a name for sale will certainly still be demanding a fee. After this the debt would need to be covered (did someone say this had spiraled to £200K since the CVA). Then the operating deficit would need to be covered, which will go up next season. The stadium would then require investment as would the playing squad and staff.

Who in their right mind would do this to preserve a football club with around 300 fans in a tin-pot local division. Where is the business plan? It can have nothing to do with football as no business-person in their right mind would throw money at this surely?!?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Why Cousins would want to sell the ground is beyond me. Unless he is paid more than the ground and land is worth (which makes no sense for any party) or is in financial difficulty himself and needs the cash quick - something I find hard to believe.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote:Why Cousins would want to sell the ground is beyond me. Unless he is paid more than the ground and land is worth (which makes no sense for any party) or is in financial difficulty himself and needs the cash quick - something I find hard to believe.
I agree, plus if he sells before 2015 then 50% of the sale goes the Griggs Group in accordance with the infamous 'claw back' clause. It doesn't stack up.
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

I agree, plus if he sells before 2015 then 50% of the sale goes the Griggs Group in accordance with the infamous 'claw back' clause. It doesn't stack up.
Hear that alarm, thats my patented Ladak Early Warning Bullshit System.

There was a tiny piece of me thinking he might be telling the truth as it came from a number of reliable sources but the 50% clawback clause makes the whole investor wanting to buy the ground story a lorry load of bullshit.

KC is a business man, why would he sell something for technically 50% what its worth after Griggs takes his cut because of the clawback?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Stalin wrote: Hear that alarm, thats my patented Ladak Early Warning Bullshit System.
I always hear this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaRIYFPMiY
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQey-2LP1E4

Unfortunately for Ploppy fans, now the lecky has been cut off it doesn't work ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51