Do we upgrade our season target?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CountHermanDeBanker

Do we upgrade our season target?

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

11 points off top spot. Playoff place looking very nicely placed to take advantage of our game in hand.

So - do we begin to think the unthinkable. Is another Conference Championship title really beyond all our dreams, a mathematical chance is there, the form is there, the others around us are faltering alternately, 11 points and 42 to play for, am I being overly optomistic, I believe we have a chance (albeit a slim one) but the title for me just got opened up again, nothing is cut and dried yet, just look back at how we have progressed since early November......you heard it hear first.

We will be champions.

:shock: :?:
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Do we upgrade our season target?

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Are you ****ing joking? ;)

We'd have to win all of our games basically. Definitely the one's against Stevenage and both of the Oxford ones.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I love your crazy optimism but I think the top 3 will be the same top 3 at the end tbh, 4th or 5th is the realistic target., which certainly isn't a bad thing.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'll answer at the end of February. If we can stay unbeaten til March, including the big 4 games obviously, then MAYBE. If we beat Eastbourne, and win 2 and draw 2 of the four games, i think it would be worth a cheeky fiver
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yes definitely, what a week the 13th to 20th is :o

If we come out of that with 6,7 or 9 points then I'd think the unthinkable is possible and agree with you CHDB.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Olly wrote:Yes definitely, what a week the 13th to 20th is :o

If we come out of that with 6,7 or 9 points then I'd think the unthinkable is possible and agree with you CHDB.
Someone needs to put some large weights on our collective feet. We're 11 points out with 18 games to go, realism people!

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
ID

Post by ID »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Olly wrote:Yes definitely, what a week the 13th to 20th is :o

Someone needs to put some large weights on our collective feet. We're 11 points out with 18 games to go, realism people!
Agree. No chance, I'm afraid.

Reaching the play-off would be a massive achievement, one that is by no means assured.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

I love playing devils advocate........ :D :lol: ;)

But we will be champions :twisted:
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Ok, if we get 12 points from our next 4 games I'll eat a top hat on camera and post it on Youtube. ;)

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Right here is the updated table with pts per match included. Looking at it, it would take a drastic decline in form from York, Stevange and Oxford to let someone in. Our aim now must be to take advantage of opportunity to get into the playoffs and consolidate. IF (and a big IF) things narrow enough over time to allow an opportunity to challenge for the title, then by all means, but our focus at this moment in time, as said, must be of gaining a playoff place and consolidating.
Attachments
ptsmatch.JPG
ptsmatch.JPG (105.84 KiB) Viewed 3632 times