Grays 0v3 RDFC (OConnor 39,Corks (mp71) 74,Louis(mp81) 81)

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Re: Grays 0v3 RDFC (OConnor 39,Corks (mp71) 74,Louis(mp81) 81)

Post by Harry »

Although maybe that'll jinx us and be our downfall. :lol:
Diamond down South.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Harry wrote:You need to get rid of the (Next year) bit in your banner now. ;)
No way, I don't want to tempt fate! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Harry

Post by Harry »

Did anyone notice how Dale reacted when we scored the goals?

In the past I've noticed that he's always celebrated quite a bit, jumping punching the air etc, much more so than other goalies.

Would like to think he did the same today as it'd be a good sign that he's remaining committed to the cause and hasn't let that potential move up North take his mind off things. :)
Diamond down South.
ID

Post by ID »

This is him reacting to the first penalty miss... ;)

RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Harry wrote:Did anyone notice how Dale reacted when we scored?

In the past I've noticed that he's always celebrated quite a bit, jumping punching the air etc, much more so than other goalies.

Would like to think he did the same today as it'd be a good sign that he's remaining committed to the cause and hasn't let that potential move up North take his mind off things. :)
I didn't notice him when we scored, but he punched the air and had a big smile on his face when he ran towards us at the start of the game. We also had a lot of banter with him throughout the second half, and he certainly didn't give the impression of someone who didn't want to be here. :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

Harry wrote:Did anyone notice how Dale reacted when we scored the goals?

He was as passionate as always, encouraging us.

Jump up if you hate Ketterin & Jump up if your going he did, and with a big smile encouraging to do it again 8-).

Hero.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Fantastic to hear!

Now we just need to get him settled enough to sign a nice new 2 year contract. ;)
Diamond down South.
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Great Result Today, really enjoying being a diamonds supporter atm, I'm doing everything i can to get people at the eastbourne game tuesday from my uni....Saturday is gonna be such an exciting game if we can get 3 more points tuesday.

Also noticed K*tterings Best Player today in their eyes, was Marcus Kelly, says it all really... ;)
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

Ok it WAS a good result after we kind of hit a lull that was bit boring to watch, the game was just dying and yes we did hit the bar a few times but we never really dominated a game that we clearly should have and to miss not one but THREE penalties was abysmal football !! (Grays supporters started taking the pee and in the bar after, they reckon we cant get a goal without help, i just said "excuse me, and you are? oh yeh, Grays is it, and they are? oh yeh, going down i believe !!! ) :roll: But clearly there needs to be some penalty taking practice going on at Rushden and im not surprised JE said hed take the next one !!
Grays look like a club going down...they had nothing, their shots were very weak, albeit just a few chances but nothing to shout about.
I really think we need to step up our playing a notch when against Satanage though.....or we are going to get well and truely trounced !! A number of times we kicked the ball into nowhere land, i mean it, there wasnt even one of our players there, its a waste.....and something Satanage will jump on.
But, being on this roll that we are, lets just hope that the result goes our way and we get even nearer to those playoffs !! 8-)
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

Harry wrote:Fantastic to hear!

Now we just need to get him settled enough to sign a nice new 2 year contract. ;)

If the club can pay the players wages yeh...... :lol: