2 places... 5 teams....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Ignoring Oxford, Boro and York... who will make the play-offs? (vote for two)

Mansfield
24%
K*ttering
No votes
Wimbledon
11%
Diamonds
39%
Luton
26%

Total votes: 88

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: 2 places... 5 teams....

Post by Trek »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I still think York may stutter a bit, nearly all their goals come from 2 players - get one or the other (or both) injured or suspended and where are the goals going to come from?
Good point. Top scorer Brodie wasn't even in the squad on Tuesday and Histon were well worth their point and they could only score one goal, a pen, against the mighty Corby.
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

I've gone for Mansfield and us. Until recently I thought we would just miss the play offs. However, the likes of Wimbledon, Luton and Mansfield have not been as consistent as I expected. A lot depends on whether we are lucky with injuries as the other teams appear to have bigger squads.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Ive gone for us and Luton. I think Mansfield are a decent side, but will probably blow out soon enough. As nearly everyone has said, the next month will make or break our season...
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

This month is key for us IMO. We must beat Grays and Eastbourne, after that it's Stevenage (h), Oxford (a), Mansfield (a) and K*ttering (h). Those 4 games will show whether we have what it takes.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Us and Luton.

K*ttering have no chance of pulling it off, while I think the Dons challenge may drift out of reach as the season ends. I have no idea why everyone loves Mansfield so much either, a distinctly average side and I've no doubt we have much more quality.
Member Number: 21
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

It'll be interesting to see how we perform against an 'average' Mansfield side in 2 weeks then. I'm of the opinion that they're a tough side, unlike York their goals are spread about and I think it'll be a big test after a big week.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Exciting isnt it??!

Personally I think we'll finish 5th/6th. I get the feeling most people on here think the Wombles will fall away. I dont think they will, they've got a really decent bunch of strikers Kedwell, Main, Elder etc.. a good fanbase, and momentum.. different to previous new-promoted challengers e.g. K*ttering/Histon.

Mansfield are good/average.. same with Luton. I think on our day we're better than both these. K*ttering will finish 8th.

I may be living in cloud cuckoo land.. but how good would it be if it went down to the last game of the season against Luton? Easily 5000 supporters, them needing a point, us needing all 3.. its 2-2 in the 94th minute.. then all of a sudden... Kurt Robinson...40yards out.... Bang...Have some of that!....Pitch Invasion... Phil the Stewards having a mare....Pandamonia :lol:

Maybe Im getting a bit carried away.. but you never know!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Mansfield have got Stevenage away on Tuesday when we play Eastbourne, which incidently will be our final game in hand on Wimbledon and K*ttering. If we win against Grays and Eastbourne, we WILL be in a playoff place by the end of Tuesday. What would be ideal would be for Mansfield to lose at Stevenage, thus putting us a point behind them with two games in hand, and also for Luton to drop points against Oxford, to reduce the effects of that game in hand on us.

Next five games for Mansfield, Wimbledon and Luton after this Tuesday, to show what they have when our period starting with Stevenage begins:

Wimbledon:

Cambridge (A)
Luton (A)
Oxford (A)
Altrincham (H)
Crawley(A)

Mansfield:

Tamworth(A)
Us(H)
York(H)
Hayes & Yeading(A)
Luton(H)

Luton:

Eastbourne(A)
Wimbledon (H)
Histon (H)
Crawley (A)
Mansfield (A)
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I don't think we should ignore Wrexham, who may be the ones to emerge from the pack.