The weekend ups and downs !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

The weekend ups and downs !!!

Post by Pigman »

Looking at the fixtures over the weekend I can't honestly see any of the top 4 dropping points.

I predict the following:

Saturday, 6 February 2010

Tamworth v Stevenage ( 1-3 Stevenage win) I really can't see Stevenage coming unstuck at Tamworth - Westley's destiny train to roll straight over them.

Oxford Utd v Kidderminster (2-1 Oxford win) Kiddy's indifferent away form should present Oxford with an easy home win, Oxford are currently 4th in the home form table.

K*ttering v York (1-3 York win) The Scum's home form has been a tad poor (they're bottom of the home form table with 2 draws and 3 defeats :D) and York have won 3 of their last 5 away, losing just once - a stroll for City I reckon/hope.

Mansfield v Gateshead (3-0 Mansfield win) Gateshead are dreadful on the road and Mansfield are a bit erratic at home, but I can't see Mansfield losing at home - part of me wants to say this will be a draw, but my head says home win

AFC Wimbledon v Forest Green (2-0 Dons win) Dons are 3rd in the form table for home matches with 4 wins from the last 5 so should despatch FGR, who have 1 win in the last 5 away, fairly easily.

Grays Athletic v Rushden & D'mnds (1-3 Diamonds win) We'll roll over Grays (god I hope that doesn'rt bite me in the arse ;) ) , they've lost 4 of their last 5 at home and we've won 3 and drawn 1 of our last 5 - our confidence should be sky high !! AS long as we do the hard work well enough and aren't over confident following last weeks result, we should be okay.

Barrow v Luton (1-1 Draw) Barrow have drawn 4 of their last 5 games at home and Luton have won 4 on the road, but I reckon the Hatters may come unstuck here and share the points, I hope so anyway.

So, the net result of all that will mean AFCW and ourselves will leap-frog the Scum, we'll move up one place level on points with AFCW who will move into the last of the play-off spots - the other 4 sides will stay as they are.

What do you reckon then? Worth a tenner at the bookies that all that will happen????
Last edited by Pigman on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
DiamondsFan

Re: The weekend ups and downs !!!

Post by DiamondsFan »

Agree with them all except Oxford and Barrow result. Oxford are traditionally indifferent in the second half of the season and I can see them slipping up. Barrow will get thrashed.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Think i agree with them all apart from the Barrow v Luton game which is a bit difficlut to predict although i would probably just go for a Luton win. I can never go for a draw on accumalators for some reason, which probably explains why i rarely win any of my bets.

Think i will stick a fiver on the rest of the games you mentioned though Pigman! :mrgreen:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

My first reaction was the same, they'd hammer Barrow, but Holker Street is a tough place for any side to visit. Of the top sides to go there this year the following has happened:

Stevenage could only draw 0-0
Mansfield lost 3-1
Oxford drew 1-1 in the BSP and lost 3-1 in the FA Cup
AFC Dons could only draw 2-2

We're the only side to go there and demolish them (1-6) !!

I see no reason why they can't nick a point from Luton if they raise their game (as they seem to against the top sides in the BSP)
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:Think i will stick a fiver on the rest of the games you mentioned though Pigman! :mrgreen:
Sadly I'm not a betting man, if this all comes true I'll be gutted !!! :geek:
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Come on yoiu miserable buggers, who else is going to predict the weekend results?

I've short arms and deep pockets but the winner gets a vodka and lemonade on the rocks..................................errrm, without the vodka and lemonade ;)
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Tamworth v Stevenage ( 1-1 Draw) Stevenage are due a disappointing result.

Oxford Utd v Kidderminster (3-0 Oxford win)

K*ttering v York (1-1 Draw). York have had their good run. I'm expecting a few indifferent results from them

Mansfield v Gateshead (0-1) Daryl Clare does us a favour 8-)

AFC Wimbledon v Forest Green (2-0 Dons win)

Grays Athletic v Rushden & D'mnds (0-2 Diamonds win). A comfortable win with a clean sheet

Barrow v Luton (0-0 Draw)
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

Oxford Utd v Kidderminster (4-1 Oxford win)

K*ttering v York (0-1 York win)

Mansfield v Gateshead (1-1 Draw)

AFC Wimbledon v Forest Green (2-0 AFC Wimbledon win)

Grays Athletic v Rushden & D'mnds (0-3 Rushden & Diamonds win)

Barrow v Luton (2-1 Barrow win)

:D
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Tamworth v Stevenage (0-1) Might be a tough game for them

Oxford Utd v Kidderminster (2-0). Think Oxford will be too much for Kiddy.

K*ttering v York (0-1). I can see York winning this one, although the draw in midweek for them may put some doubts in their minds.

Mansfield v Gateshead (2-0). I think Mansfield will be looking to bounce back after midweek, although it is possible that it has a knock on effect and they drop points. Especially with Stevenage away on Tuesday.

AFC Wimbledon v Forest Green (3-0). Would expect Wimbledon to win this.

Grays Athletic v Rushden & Diamonds - (1-2). I expect us to win, but it may be a tough match.

Barrow v Luton (0-0). Surprised that stat that you found Jim. Let's hope it continues or my prediction is bettered by Barrow.
Last edited by Mad Dog on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Oxford Utd 2 v 2 Kidderminster
K*ttering 1 v 1 York
Mansfield 3 v 1 Gateshead
AFC Wimbledon 3 v 0 Forest Green
Grays Athletic 1 v 3 Rushden & D'mnds
Barrow 1 v 1 Luton
AFC R & D member number 34