630 fans.........

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: 630 fans.........

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:have to chuckle how serious K*ttering were taking it, considering they put a full strength side out against us, and Corby.. considering its a cup no one really cares about. Also funny that they were outnumbered by the Corby fans!!
Can you really blame the Ketrin fans for staying away though? 10 quid to watch them in the county cup is a bit of a joke. I think Corby taking 630 for a county cup game is pretty weird in all honesty and by the sound of it most of them were almost blowing their load over a COUNTY CUP game :roll: .

Ketrin havent got much choice apart from fielding a full strength side as they have got one of the smallest squads in the league.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
scot

Post by scot »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote:have to chuckle how serious K*ttering were taking it, considering they put a full strength side out against us, and Corby.. considering its a cup no one really cares about. Also funny that they were outnumbered by the Corby fans!!
Can you really blame the Ketrin fans for staying away though? 10 quid to watch them in the county cup is a bit of a joke. I think Corby taking 630 for a county cup game is pretty weird in all honesty and by the sound of it most of them were almost blowing their load over a COUNTY CUP game :roll: .

Ketrin havent got much choice apart from fielding a full strength side as they have got one of the smallest squads in the league.
It wasn't really about the cup it was about rival towns that have always been a league or two apart football wise.

Its not quite the same but i would like us to beat the Cobblers in any competition and i bet our away following would be bigger for that one.
Last edited by scot on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC R&D Member 480
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Even in the County Cup?! Sure if it was the League Cup or a national competition but I doubt anyone would bother for a County Cup game.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
scot

Post by scot »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Even in the County Cup?! Sure if it was the League Cup or a national competition but I doubt anyone would bother for a County Cup game.
Ok Sara, maybe not, but Corby will rarely ever get the chance to play K*ttering.
Given the chance they took a decent support.
AFC R&D Member 480
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

scot wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:Even in the County Cup?! Sure if it was the League Cup or a national competition but I doubt anyone would bother for a County Cup game.
Ok Sara,
For the attention of anyone not in the know... Sara = Rob.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

scot wrote:
Ok Sara, maybe not, but Corby will rarely ever get the chance to play K*ttering.
Given the chance they took a decent support.
I really don't know why I'm arguing this much over a silly point but... ;)

Corby are in the top half of the BSN and towards the start of the year were looking like they'd be gunning for promotion. Surely the fact that they're only a league apart and K*ttering (some would say) are on the decline means that the chance of meeting K*ttering wouldn't actually be that rare?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

scot wrote:
It wasn't really about the cup it was about rival towns that have always been a league or two apart football wise.
They havn't always been a league or two apart.

They last played against each other in a league fixture in season 1964/65 - Southern League First Division with one match being drawn 2-2 and Corby winning the reverse fixture 2-1 at the Rockinghorse.
Corby Town were actually in the Southern League Premier Division the following three seasons, with the Ploppies down in the first division, and Corby swopped places with the Ploppies in the lower division for the start of the 1968-69 season and they have never played another league fixture against each other.

Perhaps next year eh? ;)
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

perhaps by next year they will have amalgamated into one dreadful team.