Big away wins

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Big away wins

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Can anyone remember if we've ever won two away games by 6 goals to 1 in a season before? What's the previous best?
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Big away wins

Post by Formic »

This will help

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/Stats ... 47,00.html

The answer is no - before the Weymouth game last season we'd only scored 6 or more in one away league game - at Atherstone in 1994-95 (7-1).

We did score 6 at Marine in the FA Trophy in 2000-01 (6-0), and at Sandwell Boro in the FA Cup in 1995-96 (6-1).

There are a couple of 5-0 wins - at Hayes in 1999-2000 and Telford in 1996-97
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Formic wrote:We did score 6 at Marine in the FA Trophy in 2000-01 (6-0)
Without looking it up, wasn't that when the pitch looked like a builders yard, and Roy Essandoah scored one of his few goals for us (was it goal six?)?
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Red Dragon wrote:
Without looking it up, wasn't that when the pitch looked like a builders yard, and Roy Essandoah scored one of his few goals for us (was it goal six?)?
Essandoh certainly scored his goal in that one. I remember the pitch was poor - I think there had been a lot of rain - but I also remember the captains tossed the coin for choice of ends before they came on the pitch, so the fans could go to the correct end, as one side of the ground wasn't accessible, and the other side only had a narrow walkway.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Formic wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:
Essandoh certainly scored his goal in that one. I remember the pitch was poor - I think there had been a lot of rain - but I also remember the captains tossed the coin for choice of ends before they came on the pitch, so the fans could go to the correct end, as one side of the ground wasn't accessible, and the other side only had a narrow walkway.
Thats the one. Guys climbing up tree's in their yard to watch the mighty Diamonds! Oh, and Jim Rodwell bagged a goal off his back! ;)