What a fantastic idea !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Re: What a fantastic idea !!!

Post by Harry »

PigmanRDFC wrote:No, not free entry, just an innovative idea to try and tempt people to Nene Park to spend their money on food and drink at games that are likely to attract few supporters (home and away). I'd like to think most fans would make a decent contribution - surely we have to try something to get more people there??????? What would you suggest Coltrane?

If we play like the way I presumed we played today... I'd flipping pay £100 a game!!
Diamond down South.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I wonder why we can't replicate these kind of results at home eh? Thats the way to get people down there, but everytime we get a result on the road like this we seem to fail to back it up at home. Fingers crossed this time we do !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Harry

Post by Harry »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I wonder why we can't replicate these kind of results at home eh? Thats the way to get people down there, but everytime we get a result on the road like this we seem to fail to back it up at home. Fingers crossed this time we do !!
Very good point!
Diamond down South.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

So 4-1's not good enough for you two then? Greedy bastards. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Harry

Post by Harry »

Sara Pascoe wrote:So 4-1's not good enough for you two then? Greedy bastards. ;)

No, it's flipping w*nk :x :x :x
Diamond down South.
Harry

Post by Harry »

;)
Diamond down South.
straydiamond

Post by straydiamond »

This, or something similar, really does need to be considered. I remember a few years ago we went to a rearranged mid week game at Macclesfield (the time the first game of the season was rained off in August!), and they did something very similar. I seem to remember you had to have a voucher from a local paper, which meant R&D fans had to pay full price! It certainly boosted the attendance, and was done at a time when they were in deep financial trouble.

I am sure that Keith is an excellent business man, but (as has been said so many times) something needs to be tried in the current economic situation. How many season ticket holders do we have?? If you take this off a figure off, say, 1000 and multiply by £10 (average figure) then this is the maximum £ risk. £5k???? Obviously, it would be less than this in reality through at least some donations. Given increased spend in the ground etc., then a financial case needs to be worked through.

Of course there are middle ways. Send free tickets to everyone on our database who has not been more than say twice this season would begin to use our knowledge of our supporters as individuals and is unlikely to cost much at all. This approach seems to work for TESCO, and could be developed in numerous ways.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

:D - hope that is clear? Something got lost in the written word I guess?[/quote]

Yes it does PM -as you said lost in translation - blame it on time of night and my age... ;)
KGB

Post by KGB »

If diamonds ever done this I would glady work on the turnstiles that day! :P
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

PigmanRDFC wrote:No, not free entry, just an innovative idea to try and tempt people to Nene Park to spend their money on food and drink at games that are likely to attract few supporters (home and away). I'd like to think most fans would make a decent contribution - surely we have to try something to get more people there??????? What would you suggest Coltrane?
I would suggest that the club is run in a professional way living within it's budget and attracting fans who not only have some allegiance to the club but who are willing to turn up and pay the going rate. Hopeing to attract people by giving cheap admission which can't be sustained on a regular basis and making parking free will only attract casuals who will soon leave when prices have to go up to a viable level. Short term fixes and bargain buckets never work at football clubs in the long run and are no substitute for building a strong loyal fan base who turn up whatever the weather, time of kick-off, or current run of results. :lol: