What a fantastic idea !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: What a fantastic idea !!!

Post by The Godfather »

I would love to pay about a fiver, to enter the Airwair!!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

I've just posted quite a long reply which was generally supportive of the idea but it seems to have disappeared into the ether as someone else posted at the same time. :?
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

rushdenman wrote:I've just posted quite a long reply which was generally supportive of the idea but it seems to have disappeared into the ether as someone else posted at the same time. :?

Always copy and paste long articles just in case ;)
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

i'd be up for that.
we'd have that stand fu^king rocking.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

What I really can't understand on this thread (and others in the past), is the continual knocking of ST holders. We pay up front for the club (personally this is my 13th season and my wife's 9th), which show our commitment to the team regardless of past and future form. And as far as I can see not one ST holder who has participated on this thread is against this possible proposal...!.?
What should we do next season - pay for each individual game on a match by match basis? If I did then the club would lose, as due to holidays, family commitments and occassional illness, I won't make every home fixture. Not a true fan then I suppose...
And can I also add it isn't easy coughing up around £600 for the two of us every May and we understand why many fans can't do that but we don't bash them 'but it takes all sorts I guess, they'll be paying less than me.'
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Dukes wrote:What I really can't understand on this thread (and others in the past), is the continual knocking of ST holders. We pay up front for the club (personally this is my 13th season and my wife's 9th), which show our commitment to the team regardless of past and future form. And as far as I can see not one ST holder who has participated on this thread is against this possible proposal...!.?
What should we do next season - pay for each individual game on a match by match basis? If I did then the club would lose, as due to holidays, family commitments and occassional illness, I won't make every home fixture. Not a true fan then I suppose...
And can I also add it isn't easy coughing up around £600 for the two of us every May and we understand why many fans can't do that but we don't bash them 'but it takes all sorts I guess, they'll be paying less than me.'
He's right though. We can miss five or six games I believe (depending on when bought of course), before we end up on par with someone paying on the turnstile every game.

As a season ticket holder, I don't have an issue with this proposal. My greatest concern is that it will be just the regulars who do and overall we end up gaining nothing except less revenue.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I think you missed the point of my comment Dukes - I think ST holders are great, they pay up front and although they get a good deal with a few free games, they help the club out financially from a cash flow position, their committment to the club is not in doubt - without them the club would struggle though the period of time when people like me who pay on a game by game basis aren't walking through the turnstile. I personally can't afford to shell out a large sum for a ST, and anyway, I miss far too many games due to work to make it worthwhile even if I could - so fair play to those that offer their cash upfront - I intended no offense by my comment I assure you.

In the past some season ticket holders HAVE declared their disgust at deals the club have tried to introduce (3 for 2 offers for example - some ST holders on rdfcnet were disgusted at such a suggestion saying how they were losing out etc). I think its brilliant that so many season ticket holders on here think its a good idea - my comment about "it takes all sorts" was more aimed that those that have been so vocally upset at things the club have tried in the past, and the bit about "they'd still be paying less than me" because pro-rata, if I paid full price IF this were done, then they would :D - hope that is clear? Something got lost in the written word I guess?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I like the "idea" of it, but the resulting unknown income would scare the living daylights out of me if I was in charge, it's something the club would have to accept as a loss (worst case scenario). Like Piggers I'd probably put the full £16 in to go in the Airwair. For me the club needs to start reducing (or doing away with), the car park charge. I know it's not much but the fact is our club car park get's emptier every season and we need to get these people back "down the club". Once the car park starts to fill, hopefully it will encourage others to take their spaces up in Station Road, therefore not having to pay to park and it's not so far from the ground.
The idea that perhaps season ticket holders MIGHT make a donation is just that, an idea to make a choice. It can't be compulsory but I would hope that season ticket holders see it for what it is, as an attempt by the club to get the ball rolling and chuck in a quid "on the night". If not then fine, you've paid your money and made your choice.
AFC R & D member number 34
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Keith has stated that he intends to "sweat the clubs assets" making money to keep the club going by using every asset that the club has to raise money, car parking, season tickets, match day programmes, bars, food, merchandise, advertising, conference centre, music events, quiz nights, corporate diners, well known speakers, building a hotel. And now the fans are calling for free admission and scrapping car parking charges. Poor old Keith he must be rubbing his head in disbelief! :lol:
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

No, not free entry, just an innovative idea to try and tempt people to Nene Park to spend their money on food and drink at games that are likely to attract few supporters (home and away). I'd like to think most fans would make a decent contribution - surely we have to try something to get more people there??????? What would you suggest Coltrane?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51