What a fantastic idea !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

What a fantastic idea !!!

Post by Pigman »

http://www.mansfieldtown.net/page/NewsD ... 12,00.html

Hats off to Mansfield for this idea - how about us doing the same??? 9th Feb (Eastbourne Borough) or 9th March (Chester), both Tuesday nights and both likely to be challenging last Tuesday for the prize of worst attendance of the season at Nene Park.

A fantastic marketing ploy - they might fall flat on their faces, but I'd say give it a go and get the local rag to promote it like crazy and ask the fans to do likewise !! I'd like to think most fans (?) like me, would still pay the full price?

A must if they do it though - OPEN UP THE AIRWAIR STAND AND LET HOME FANS GO IN THERE IF THEY WANT TO !!!

What do you reckon guys n gals????? I reckon it'd be a great gestrure for all of us who have had to endure the shit of the past few years and our drop from League 1.

How about it Keith???? Gotta be worth a go !!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: What a fantastic idea !!!

Post by Formic »

It's an interesting idea. I was always advocating making the Airwair free seating anyway. We can put the away fans in either the South or North Stand corners, but there would be an issue with snackbars (although I remember we relaxed this for a Northwich Victoria game a couple of seasons back, so could perhaps do the same again.

It might be tricky to give free access for the Chester game given their fans might want to get "up close and personal" with their board members.

One flaw in the Mansfield ideas is the line where season ticket holders are invited to make a donation - they will already have paid more than the average fan is going to pay for that game - they ought to be encouraged to bring friends for free (or a nominal donation).
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

Definately worth ago! :D
Or atleast some sort of offer is needed to boost the attendences of both of those matches!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Very interesting, and very good idea.

I agree with Formic's last comment though, it would be unfair to even suggest that season ticket holders should make a donation, considering their prior payments.

Out of interest, how much would people pay?

I'd like the option to pay after the game. If we play crap, i'll give a quid, but if we put in a top performance I'd happily pay normal admission price. ;)
Diamond down South.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I'd probably recommend a minimum of £5 for adults.
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

Formic wrote:It's an interesting idea. I was always advocating making the Airwair free seating anyway. We can put the away fans in either the South or North Stand corners, but there would be an issue with snackbars (although I remember we relaxed this for a Northwich Victoria game a couple of seasons back, so could perhaps do the same again.

It might be tricky to give free access for the Chester game given their fans might want to get "up close and personal" with their board members.

One flaw in the Mansfield ideas is the line where season ticket holders are invited to make a donation - they will already have paid more than the average fan is going to pay for that game - they ought to be encouraged to bring friends for free (or a nominal donation).
I can see the old debate of season ticket holders kicking up a fuss because of entrty fee's ect. As a S.T holder, I couldn't care less! The way I look at it is more people are likely to attend, with a good chance of them coming back should it be an entertaining game. More people coming can improve the atmosphere, which can lift the players and allow for them to perform better, returning back to the point of making people want to come again?

As far as i'm concerned S.T holders can't complain if it's for a couple of games as it's experimenting, trying to get more money/supporters in.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I actually think it could be a great idea. True fans (excluding season ticket holders of course) would pay a reasonable amount for the tickets knowing that they're helping out their club (who knows there could be someone who'll make a big donation) and while new fans probably will see it as a free game of football, they could very well enjoy it and think 'hey this is worth paying for actually' and may come back again, thus gaining new fans.

It certainly would create a lot of good publicity as well and an attendance that will look good rather than scrapping 1000!

As a ST holder, I wouldn't complain, as it would be fantastic to see more people than we usually get and it would be good for the club.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Basil

Post by Basil »

As a ST holder myself I wouldn't be bothered by someone else only paying £1 to get in.

If the club was to do this they could appease the ST holders by offering them the chance to use their vouchers included with the ST to get a burger/chips/drink etc for free!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Also wouldn't complain - the club is more important than the price of my ST - mind you that means I'm not a true fan of course ;)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Well, personally I'd pay full price still, because I know I'll be helping my club - it'd be up to other people's conscience how much they'd be prepared to pay. I'm not a season ticket holder, but if I were I wouldn't give a toss to be honest.

This is about helping the club and getting us marketed out there in a positive sense - if people chose to abuse it and only pay a quid then thats up to them.

I honestly believe we have the best squad we have had for years and the chance of something special this season - that should be shared with as many people as we can get through the door.

I can't believe that season ticket holders would be so petty as to worry about losing one of their free games - it'd be up to them if they wanted to donate anyway - but it takes all sorts I guess, they'd all be paying less than me ;)

I'd just love to see us have a decent crowd on these nights, rather than the poor attendance we had the other night....................it won't happen anyway, just another good idea going to waste !!

Even if it did happen, bet we'd play crap and lose and all the extra people who did come (assuming they did) will vow never to come back !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51