What a fantastic idea !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: What a fantastic idea !!!

Post by Pigman »

Whilst I agree to most of what you say for normal matches, I think some creative marketing to tempt people to games that they may not otherwise go to may, just may, gain us some of the long term fans you mention - all of us went to a Diamonds match for the first time sometime - and got bitten by the bug.

I don't suggest this kind of thing for ALL games, just the two Tuesday nighters that will have poor crowds anyway, I don't have to have a crystal ball to realise crowds at both the games I suggested will be dreadful.

As to attracting the right "type" of fan - anyone with disposable income IS the right type as far as I am concerned, and who is to say they won't return if the lads put on a decent show?? This is about getting cash in and surviving, sub 1k crowds on a Tuesday night will not help us do that.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Anyone told the club about this idea?

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I was talking about this with someone at the weekend, ad they came up with an even better suggestion.
Pay what you think it was worth on the way out!, you could even ensure the players got a percentage of the receipts instead of their usual win/score bonus. I thought it was quite novel.

Clearly times are hard everywhere so people have to be innovative, so whether we send a voucher to everyone who's ever come, or give a voucher for 1 free entry for a season ticket holder to bring someone. Or even everyone who goes on saturday can pick up some vouchers on entry (as many as they want) to bring some friends for free or for a discounted rate for the next match or AN Other match).

Once we get people in i think a proporation of them would return. I have a mate who lives in cambs, and he was talking about bringing his young lad, he'd never been before and was asking what it was like, a scheme like this might just get him over here earlier than he would do, and he might just come back!!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

bozzer wrote: Pay what you think it was worth on the way out!,
Can't see that working. Can you imagine people queing to leave? Does that include those that usually leave on 80-85 minutes?

I see that Mansfield had an attendance of over 7000 which caused the game to be delayed for over 20 minutes and it would be interesting to know what their receipts were compared with a normal attendance.

The large attendance obviously didn't inspire the home side whereas it clearly lifted Gateshead. ;)