FA Cup 1st Round - Yeovil at home

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

FA Cup 1st Round

Post by Dazzler »

Not a match clip - fans reactions from the DeBanke - RDFC VS YEOVIL 2006 FA CUP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcIhJgiZUGw
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: FA Cup 1st Round - Yeovil Town (Home)

Post by Formic »

For some reason P*** T**** is missed off the team sheet for that game in the match report - http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/Match ... 58,00.html - although he did play. We put on a decent performance under Tony Godden that day.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Was that the Mr Singh that was the Ref that day? Same again please...
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Dazzler wrote:Was that the Mr Singh that was the Ref that day? Same again please...
He's retired unfortunately... :(
Formic wrote:For some reason P*** T**** is missed off the team sheet for that game in the match report - http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/Match ... 58,00.html - although he did play. We put on a decent performance under Tony Godden that day.
He's in the line up on Yeovil's match report:

http://www.ytfc.net/page/MatchReport/0, ... 58,00.html
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: K*ttering v Diamonds Match Thread

Post by Formic »

With Corby due to host Luton you wonder if it might affect the timing of our game due to Police requirements for that game - especially if it gets switched to Rockingham Road. Didn't we have one moved before when K*ttering were playing Luton ?
Last edited by Formic on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyHeather

Re: FA Cup 1st Round - Yeovil at home

Post by LuckyHeather »

Surely Kent league Hythe Town are the lowest ranked team left?
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I was at Rochdale v Yeovil a couple of weeks ago when they won 1-0.
They weren't very impressive. We should be ok. Only 2 players that were any good was Owain Tudor Jones, who is on loan from Norwich (Whether he will be allowed to play?) and Luke Freeman who scored after coming on as a sub 4 minutes earlier. He is on loan/trial from Arsenal but I would have thought he was available.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

We can win this, Yeovile are highly beatable if we play to our strengths. Jamie will be a massive loss for this game, but we have the quality to win through.

I'm disappointed I'll have to part with £17, but this is the FA Cup and I can't miss that so will be there in my normal spot !!!!

Good to resurrect our old Conference rivalry and we've beaten them in the Cup before, they won't be happy with that draw. Not under-estimating them, far from it, they're a League 1 side, but we can win this if we play to the level we know we can !!! Even if we lose, we've gone one round further than the scum eh???

FGR for Knobblers? Potential banana skin there and Corby vs Luton? Guaranteed punch-up, I can see either their game or ours being moved to the Sunday so that Northants finest can deal with it - if I were TV I'd avoid that match, the potential for violence across our screens is high - there will be blood on the streets there with the muppets of both places out in force !!!!

More worrying is some of the rumours I'm hearing about JE being sought elsewhere, I hope he stays and sees us into the football league, alas I feel we'll lose him before the end of the season (possibly sooner) if the whispers I'm hearing are true :cry:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

PigmanRDFC wrote:More worrying is some of the rumours I'm hearing about JE being sought elsewhere, I hope he stays and sees us into the football league, alas I feel we'll lose him before the end of the season (possibly sooner) if the whispers I'm hearing are true :cry:
KC should be offering him a new contract now, let's not wait on this, at least then if he does go then we'd get some compensation for him. Should we have offered him a 2 year deal in the summer? JE can't go, he has to get us to mid-table League Two first! Don't go JE, don't gooooo! :cry: :cry:
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SL12

Post by SL12 »

Heard that rumour today too from a cobblers fan :(