Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Brownie »

Ryan Robbins signs for Corby, or should we now officially call them Diamonds Old Boys.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Brownie wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:30 pm Ryan Robbins signs for Corby, or should we now officially call them Diamonds Old Boys.
Daventry must have- claimed Diamonds Old Boys title first.

So does that make Corby - "Daventry A/Res"
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 am
Brownie wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:30 pm Ryan Robbins signs for Corby, or should we now officially call them Diamonds Old Boys.
Daventry must have- claimed Diamonds Old Boys title first.

So does that make Corby - "Daventry A/Res"
Stratford also putting in a claim I guess as they had 6 there a month ago though down to 3 now.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Billy Sharp article - with a mention about R&D kick starting things for his career.

https://www.sportbible.com/wwe/weird-bi ... ce=twitter

[Via - https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1 ... 7996030976 ]

Excerpt:

"I do remember the manager saying to me, 'Look, I'm going to get you on for your debut and then you're going to be playing more of a role next season', which didn't end up happening," he says. "But it put me in the shop window and I ended up having the chance to go on loan to Rushden & Diamonds in League Two. My dad said to me, 'You need to go, it's about making a career and not just waiting for it to come to you.'

"To this day, it was the best decision I've ever made. I scored nine goals in 16. It was really good for my development. The rest, they say, is history."
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

re - Billy Sharp's article. a true Diamonds legend if ever there was one.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

No surprise. RR scored winner for Corby in their top of the table match with Berkhamstead.

Jack Bowen continues to thrive at Daventry
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Duane Darby new manager at Redditch !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Fazel Koriya is taking over as joint manager at Sileby, finished his time at Rugby with a goal in their record breaking 12-0 win v Desborough on Tuesday, was a proper strikers goal as well having tackled his teammate to get the ball. All the best Faz.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm Fazel Koriya is taking over as joint manager at Sileby, finished his time at Rugby with a goal in their record breaking 12-0 win v Desborough on Tuesday, was a proper strikers goal as well having tackled his teammate to get the ball. All the best Faz.
12 goals seems to have been the norm on Tuesday night. Hastings Utd beat East Grinstead 12-3 in the Velocity Cup and Paulton Rovers beat Weston SM 12-1 in the Southern League Challenge Cup.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:53 pm
Brownie wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm Fazel Koriya is taking over as joint manager at Sileby, finished his time at Rugby with a goal in their record breaking 12-0 win v Desborough on Tuesday, was a proper strikers goal as well having tackled his teammate to get the ball. All the best Faz.
12 goals seems to have been the norm on Tuesday night. Hastings Utd beat East Grinstead 12-3 in the Velocity Cup and Paulton Rovers beat Weston SM 12-1 in the Southern League Challenge Cup.
13 players signed by Sileby on day 1 of new management team, presume all pre lined up and ready to go, a few ex Diamonds in the list and lots of ex Pagnell.