[ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Coalville unbeaten and thrashed us 5-0 last time we met. Should be a close game!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:12 am Coalville unbeaten and thrashed us 5-0 last time we met. Should be a close game!!
Doubt it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Peaksy interview with the e.t. states, that he's looking to bring in a couple of loan players before Saturday. I'd imagine he would like to sign a couple, but with the seven day approach that would mean he wouldn't get anyone signed before this fixture. It's a good option as previous loan players have done ok. Only thing is, it would more than likely be a youngster with very little first team experience I'd imagine. I can only think that teams close to here are likely to loan out, being Northampton, Oxford, Peterborough and possibly luton amongst clubs within an hour radius.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's updates - Peaks draws a line ahead of another tough test for Diamonds

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 3987990529

Zack Reynolds was sent-off during AFC Rushden & Diamonds' 8-2 loss to Bromsgrove Sporting.
Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: TODAY! [ Sat 12th Oct ] v Coalville Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

We’re in the middle of a very tough run of fixtures at the moment, but another heavy home defeat isn’t going to do the confidence any good heading in to yet more very tricky fixtures. This one was avoidable too.

For the first 30 minutes or so we were doing OK and I thought we were unfortunate to have goals disallowed. After that it was turgid, toothless dreadful stuff.

The main source of frustration for me today was the management. We’re chasing the game 2-0 down (second goal doesn’t go in if Heath is in goal - who thought he was at fault last week?) and we persist with 1 man up front for almost 20 minutes, despite creating absolutely nothing since midway through the first half. What did they think we were going to do? All of a sudden start creating things? The icing on the cake comes when they start marking changes before we do, and then finally when we do bring players on after 80 minutes, we’re unable to bring on any players that are likely to affect the game, such are the deficiencies in our squad at the moment which have existed for 6+ months and haven’t been addressed properly.

I can’t see where the next win is coming from truthfully.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by real diamond »

It’s time for a change, In the last six months we have gone backwards and no signs of improvement.

The team are badly lacking a creative midfielder and a goal scorer, With all the young players in the team we also need someone who is prepared to talk to them and guide them through the game on the field because it’s obvious nobody on the management team are prepared to stop shouting at the referee to actually coach the team.
Harry Flashman

Post by Harry Flashman »

I should have waited before posting as I am very unhappy about todays game.
First half we held our own against Coalville who were tough and clearly a decent passing team. The loan player on the left looks as if he can create chances and beat his full back. But the warning signs were there. One striker allowed them to manage with a hard aggressive back 3 and start to dominate midfield.
Second half we looked a light weight side, at times men against boys. The young lads in the team are tidy neat footballers but just cannot cope physically against this type of opposition.
My concern is it appears there is a complete lack of positive passion from our well staffed management bench and a lack of any proactive actions. You go down a goal and you make a quick positive change. You dont wait until our team loses its spirit and clearly had quickly become uncompetitive. I doubt it would have made a difference to the outcome but at least we have to try to manage proactively.
We are missing key players in defence but perhaps should be looking at more mature players to come in and physically bolster the ranks rather than just youngsters as think Ryan Dove has stepped up levels clearly trained hard and can physically cope at this level.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

How big a loss is Lamby now? Would he have helped steer the ship in the right direction a month ago?

Time for Brady & Collins or am I just wishing
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Wasn’t able to go today but sounds like the same old story? Few chances that we aren’t able to convert and management delaying changes till far too late..
I’m not one for calling for heads but maybe Peaks has taken us as far as he can (not to discount the great years he’s had!)