[ Sat 13th Apr ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Apr ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 am That defeat was more entertaining than most of our drawn games this season. Credit to Stourbridge possibly for that. I see Bedford are in fourth place having only drawn two games and lost 15. Where would we have been if still two points for a win?
“During the war...”
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
stivesdiamond

Post by stivesdiamond »

I think Stourbridge were a better passing side, less kicking the ball in a general direction, which gives the opposition more time to react and deal with it. I've seen us play as a passing side and we look much better for it and more dangerous. Is it because we're a bit nervous against top sides and it's less risky to try to kill the ball and move on, obviously costs overall though. The goal came from a passing move, absolutely brilliant goal. Passing seemed to improve through the game and can't fault the commitment from the team. Overall a fair result and I'm delighted with the season, push on for next year!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and Interviews following our defeat to @StourbridgeFC

https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/1117367851386535936
Cotty

Post by Cotty »

3 points for a win was introduced in 1981. If we still had the former system we would be 7th in the league. As we are currently 8th it would not seem to be all that different.