Pressure telling on Marcus Law?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Pressure telling on Marcus Law?

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:46 pm If Elliott Sandy is to be believed on twitter then Marcus Law is bankrolling them.
His tweet was liked by the Biggleswade Town Manager. :cheesy:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I have a friend who is a Kettring fan, he told me last year that Law was putting money in and my friend doesn't like it.

I guess if you struggle in the league you may have a job getting rid of a manager who is putting his money in, things will no doubt turn ugly in the future.

It's a bit strange though it's like paying a company to let you be a voluntary worker,

Anyone ever heard of any other club doing that?
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 am I have a friend who is a Kettring fan, he told me last year that Law was putting money in and my friend doesn't like it.

I guess if you struggle in the league you may have a job getting rid of a manager who is putting his money in, things will no doubt turn ugly in the future.

It's a bit strange though it's like paying a company to let you be a voluntary worker,

I bet there’s loads of clubs which are in that position, managers giving a bit of their money away as goal bonuses for example. You have a manager in conference say on 100k a year and your budget nearly all used up, so you get a striker in and say between us I will pay you £150 a goal , what’s that £3k for 20 goals ? You’d be up the table with that and is good for your CV :joy:
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:50 am
Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 am I have a friend who is a Kettring fan, he told me last year that Law was putting money in and my friend doesn't like it.

I bet there’s loads of clubs which are in that position, managers giving a bit of their money away as goal bonuses for example. You have a manager in conference say on 100k a year and your budget nearly all used up, so you get a striker in and say between us I will pay you £150 a goal , what’s that £3k for 20 goals ? You’d be up the table with that and is good for your CV :joy:
Haha true, the chairman might feel guilty to sack a manager like that,

Didn't the fa bring in some new bonus rules a few years ago though?
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Stourbridge doing their best to ease the pressure on Law😢😧
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

It was rumoured that Graham Westley used to do something similar in his earlier years, possibly when he was first at Stevenage.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 pm

It was rumoured that Graham Westley used to do something similar in his earlier years, possibly when he was first at Stevenage.
Farnborough I think although he was the Chairman, major shareholder and first team Manager at the time so it was a little bit different to what's currently happening at K*ttering. You may recall Farnborough played Arsenal in the FA Cup and although drawn at home, controversially switched it to Highbury for no reason other than financial gain. You can still find articles online that suggest the club never saw any of the money made from that tie and Westley left the club days after.

I think it's fair to say Farnborough, once a regular in the Conference, have never recovered from that episode.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/24241 ... e-red.html
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:32 pm

When Westley was mysteriously "sacked" as our manager, there were whispers that the main reason was that he wished to put money into the club to become some sort of owner/manager. Obviously a certain Mr Cousins had other long term "plans" and refused the offer!!

The rest they say is history..........
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news ... d-1-913562

The article taken from the Northants Chron at the time.

Looking back the statement given is bizarre/shady to say the least! :ohmy:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

No pressure tonight against Coalville.Game Off cos of snow.