Won [ Sat 2nd Mar ] v Coleshill Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Mar ] v Coleshill Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by rickthediamond »

Well, what a win. I’m not getting ahead of myself just yet, as I did expect us to beat Coleshill based off the stark difference in the two team’s form, albeit I did not expect to win 0-4! If we beat Quorn on Tuesday, and Rugby lose to Anstey, we will be in 18th place. I think if that happens then I will really start to believe we might just do this. I do already believe we can do it, of course I do, but we will need luck along the way too. Quorn pulled off quite the comeback yesterday against Loughborough who are a great side, and given they are also chasing a playoff spot, I’m sure they will be up for this game. The only thing I would say is that they have had a managerial change very recently, thanks to K*ttering, and they’ve lost a few of their key players too. Nevertheless, keep playing like we did yesterday and we will have a chance against any one! Up the Rushden!
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Still can't quite believe Saturday, 4-0, unbelievable and some fantastic goals!! Not sure what I found more unbelievable though, the score, or how much we were in control throughout the game, if you didn't know the positions of either team before the game, you could think we were a team near the top of the league. The difference between us from 2 months ago is remarkable.

Coleshill had a few half chances and may have even had more possession over the 90 minutes, but there wasn't a single moment of the second half where I was worried, we managed the game superbly well and it was the best feeling when the final whistle went and seeing how happy the team were going into that portakabin dressing room!

Still work to do of course, but we have gone from certain relegation after the Gresley game to a position where I would honestly be more surprised now if we didnt stay up. I will admit I had my strong doubts when it appeared like results were never going to come and we went 9 losses in a row, but Michael and Tom have done an incredible job to turn it around so drastically.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308