Match Postponed [ Tue 20th Feb ] v Peterborough Utd U21 KO 7:45pm HSCSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tue 20th Feb ] v Peterborough Utd U21 KO 7:45pm HSCSF HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

If the NFA can take a simple thing like a knockout tournament and make it equivalent of landing a balloon on Mars they will.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

K*ttering in the final. Beat Sports 2-0 tonight.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 pm K*ttering in the final. Beat Sports 2-0 tonight.
What an "exciting" prospect. Relegation (potentially) and then a hammering in a cup final against your local rivals to round off the season! :joy:

(You can quote this back at me, when relegation is avoided, we beat Posh in the Semi Final and K*ttering in the final)
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:03 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 pm K*ttering in the final. Beat Sports 2-0 tonight.
What an "exciting" prospect. Relegation (potentially) and then a hammering in a cup final against your local rivals to round off the season! :joy:

(You can quote this back at me, when relegation is avoided, we beat Posh in the Semi Final and K*ttering in the final)
Have to agree here. The thought of potentially playing K*ttering really isn’t as exciting right now as it should be normally.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Sevenofdiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

Everyone stop being so feeble - we will stay up and win the whatever cup it is
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Sevenofdiamonds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:42 am Everyone stop being so feeble - we will stay up and win the whatever cup it is
At the moment there is despondency due to the hammmerings in the past two results and the dread of the forthcoming games tomorrow through to April 6th. I don't think anyone expected any points v Quorn and Lye nor against the teams coming up. Whether we lose 1-0 or 5-0 we still get zero points. Our fate lies in the games against Cambridge, Boldmere, Shepshed and Walsall.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:35 am
Sevenofdiamonds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:42 am Everyone stop being so feeble - we will stay up and win the whatever cup it is
At the moment there is despondency due to the hammmerings in the past two results and the dread of the forthcoming games tomorrow through to April 6th. I don't think anyone expected any points v Quorn and Lye nor against the teams coming up. Whether we lose 1-0 or 5-0 we still get zero points. Our fate lies in the games against Cambridge, Boldmere, Shepshed and Walsall.
To be honest at Quorn I'd park the bus and go without a striker, 5 at the back and 5 in midfield.
AFC R & D member number 34
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:47 pm
To be honest at Quorn I'd park the bus and go without a striker, 5 at the back and 5 in midfield.
Wouldn't actually be to bad a shout that. Leave ngwa as the furthest forward to chase them down, o'neill, inman and corden in centre midfield, harriman, wilson and purse at the back. Very negative but a point away at quorn would be a big achievement
Sevenofdiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

Play a rigid - and I do mean rigid - 4-4-2. Each player has an area to patrol and he can be backed up by two others at any time. Keep to the formation, keep discipline, don't foul - Quorn will be falling over and whining and conning the ref right from the start, the team has to keep its cool. You never know, has to be worth a try.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I’m not that despondent to be honest because at the turn of the year I’d given up on any chance of staying up - we’re now in the mix!

We were never going to go on a sustained run of wins, but there are enough points there to get us out of trouble. I’m keeping the faith and if we go down, we go down - at least we’ve put up a fight, something I didn’t think we had in us in truth! We just have to hope that Gresley and Rugby continue to be that little bit more s#it than we are :biggrin:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51