Won [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Sutton Coldfield Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Sutton Coldfield Town, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Conversely Rick I don't think enough credit is given to those who set up the current club and those that have run it since. Too many supporters of other clubs still see us as moneybags and that is clear from the SCFC article. Yes I supported R and D from 1994 but let's face it, it was hardly an ordeal was it until the final couple of years. Even when back in the Conference we still challenged for the play offs under Justin. As Pigman says we are a Community Club which brings with it limitations but the pride I personally feel for what I and many others have contributed over the past 13 years by far exceeds any pride I had in R and D.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 pm Conversely Rick I don't think enough credit is given to those who set up the current club and those that have run it since. Too many supporters of other clubs still see us as moneybags and that is clear from the SCFC article. Yes I supported R and D from 1994 but let's face it, it was hardly an ordeal was it until the final couple of years. Even when back in the Conference we still challenged for the play offs under Justin. As Pigman says we are a Community Club which brings with it limitations but the pride I personally feel for what I and many others have contributed over the past 13 years by far exceeds any pride I had in R and D.
Fair enough 👌🏻
Lee Tomlin la la la
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

There are loads of clubs that are rarely referred to by there official name. For me it's just the diamonds. But when asked who I support, it's rushden and diamonds.