Won [ Tue 9th Jan ] v Northampton Town U23, KO 7:45pm HSCQF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: [ Tue 9th Jan ] v Northampton Town U23, KO 7:45pm HSCQF HOME

Post by StaceyH »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:13 am Would be nice to get a local derby against K*ttering, they’re not having the best of times in the southern league, so we could potentially get a result. Knowing our luck it will be Peterborough Sports, who we have rotten luck against.
Be careful what you wish for! Any game against K*ttering, although a big derby, comes with a serious risk assessment and extra police and stewarding costs which, although shared, both clubs could do without. Better to meet in the final and let the NFA have the headache!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

StaceyH wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:29 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:13 am Would be nice to get a local derby against K*ttering, they’re not having the best of times in the southern league, so we could potentially get a result. Knowing our luck it will be Peterborough Sports, who we have rotten luck against.
Be careful what you wish for! Any game against K*ttering, although a big derby, comes with a serious risk assessment and extra police and stewarding costs which, although shared, both clubs could do without. Better to meet in the final and let the NFA have the headache!
Moreover, we just got stuffed at home by the second worst team in our league, so the chances of beating the fourth worst team from the league above are pretty much nil! This season has been painful enough without adding in a defeat to the Ploppies.
Last edited by davealbon on Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

StaceyH wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:29 am
In that case then I hope we don’t get them in the semi!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews from AFCRDTV

STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Frazers goal was even further out than i thought
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Our free header giveaway once again . Both teams played ok on a pitch which was like playing on the road .
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:07 pm Will our Cobblers loanees be eligible to play for us.
The answer to that was no. Wyat and Scott were in the team plus Cartwright and Abimbola who both played for us previously.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:57 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:07 pm Will our Cobblers loanees be eligible to play for us.
The answer to that was no. Wyat and Scott were in the team plus Cartwright and Abimbola who both played for us previously.
I actually though scott and watt were cobblers best players, so theyve probably loaned us their best two. Was great to see only a second win of the season in a very evenily matched game, in which we almost fielded an under 23 side! Think harriman needs to get fraser corden available more often, put in a very good display like he did a few times last season. A mention also has to go to louis lawler in the sticks, who was possibly the most vocal keeper ive ever seen. Talking the young lads through to match and actually made a couple of smart saves. Take it that he'll have to play in the next round? That has been announced that we're at home to peterborough under 23s
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Of the 3 potential opposition Posh u23 at home is the best option If we are to make the final again.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The best draw we could have had, I said I would have liked K*ttering at home, but I didn’t take in to account the costs that would incur.

Can’t see K*ttering beating Sports, hopefully we can get through the semi, and beat Sports in the final (unlikely I know, but I can live in hope!)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73