Lost [ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

January Calendar

fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 6th Jan ] v Gresley Rovers, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

So here we go, a huge huge game. Need as much support as we can for this. Gresley seem pretty awful at the moment so a win is a must. Hopefully it will start a run going if we can get the 3 points. Anything less makes our chances of staying up much harder. Feel confident, 3-0 win.
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

Excited about this one. After the last 2 performances (khalsa first half) I really fancy a win. The weather looks promising to dry out the pitch as well
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

If we get behind them like we did 2nd half a t Corby it will make for a great atmosphere, i hadn,t so loud for ages
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I'm hoping this is the start of a miracle. The defensive highlights from recent games don't really suggest that's the case though.

Fingers crossed!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:04 am I'm hoping this is the start of a miracle. The defensive highlights from recent games don't really suggest that's the case though.

Fingers crossed!
We've got to believe and like we've mentioned before, the fans have to get behind the players and be tge 12th man. Forget what's gone on since the start of the season, as this is now. I know there's people thinking what's the point? Or they're only going to lose, but that negative attitude only makes things worse. Get yourself down there, a few beers, some decent food from the food barn and support your local team. This is our club, let's show ourselves what it means to be a diamonds fan! 💎
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Looking at the month as a whole - 7 points is the absolute minimum with Gresley and Rugby being must win six pointers. The season starts or ends on Saturday, simple as.
STAGMAN

Post by STAGMAN »

Pissed that me and Mrs Stagman can,t make this
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Rushdenjim wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 pm Looking at the month as a whole - 7 points is the absolute minimum with Gresley and Rugby being must win six pointers. The season starts or ends on Saturday, simple as.
With only 18 games left, 12 points adrift, we can probably estimate the survival points target would be around 25-30 points, meaning we somehow need to find a way of getting at least 21 points from the next 18 games, probably more, a tall order for a team with 4 points from their first 20 games, but as already said, we have no choice but to give all our support to the management and team right now, we are not down... yet.

Honestly don't think anything less than 2 wins against Gresley and Rugby will do, they are as must win as they come. Under no illusions as to how unlikely survival is from this position, but I just hope we can at the very least make a bit of a fight of it, really don't want to have to face a second consecutive season down with nothing to play except pride for the last several games.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Olly wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:58 pm
Rushdenjim wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 pm Looking at the month as a whole - 7 points is the absolute minimum with Gresley and Rugby being must win six pointers. The season starts or ends on Saturday, simple as.
With only 18 games left, 12 points adrift, we can probably estimate the survival points target would be around 25-30 points, meaning we somehow need to find a way of getting at least 21 points from the next 18 games, probably more, a tall order for a team with 4 points from their first 20 games, but as already said, we have no choice but to give all our support to the management and team right now, we are not down... yet.
Extremely bleak reading 🤣
Lee Tomlin la la la