Lost MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Match details. Game On! Pitch inspection passed.

Note: This is an early, MIdday, Kick Off!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: MIDDAY KICK OFF! [ Mon 1st Jan ] v Corby Town, KO 12pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

After the club announced the signing of miguel ngwa returning to the club tonight, hopefully that'll draw some more interest in people travelling to this one. Just need tgat elusive striker to be brought in before the gresley game to give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:49 pm After the club announced the signing of miguel ngwa returning to the club tonight, hopefully that'll draw some more interest in people travelling to this one. Just need tgat elusive striker to be brought in before the gresley game to give ourselves a fighting chance of staying up
Pleae, please, please don't sign the "striker" that came with him.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Fair play to Michael for getting Miguel through the door. Definitely missed him when he was recalled last season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Best news we've had in a long time, he hasn't quite made it at the clubs he's been at since he left us, but we know of his quality and a shining light in an otherwise dismal season last year. With him and Pharrell, we have two wingers that can give any defence in this league cause for concern.

Not any illusions that we're going to get a Tendai Daire or Leon Lobjoit with where we are, but we just need to make a move on a striker or two right now, much like Ngwa, hopefully there is someone out there step 3/4 that has fallen out of favour with the first team that might want some games at this stage of the season.

Really looking forward to this one, not sure how many will travel to see a team that has no points on the road even if it isn't a long way, but it would be great if we can get 150 there. Corby are a strange one, best away record in the league, yet an even worse home record than we have and no wins yet! We must take at least a point from this one ahead of a January where I would say we will somehow need to take a minimum of 10 points from this months games to have any chance of staying up.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Olly

Post by Olly »

George Rose joins Leighton Town on dual registration, not the best news, I assume/ hope this means we have someone lined up to come in for Monday?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Olly wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:28 am George Rose joins Leighton Town on dual registration, not the best news, I assume/ hope this means we have someone lined up to come in for Monday?
This has been rumoured for some weeks now. His recent below par performances and criticism from some probably decided for him. I wouldn't bet on anew keeper by Monday. Maybe Saunt will get a chance to prove his worth. We now have several wide men but still no one in the middle to convert any chances. By my reckoning since Deacon jumped ship our so called strikers have scored about 12 goals in nearly two years. Connor and Cooper 8, Jones and Johnson 3.
Olly

Post by Olly »

Ben Heath! Fantastic signing, always rated him, even though when Sneds came in he was always going to be pushed out, I did think it was a big loss, another big lift to this squad!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

Stourbridge_Diamond
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Pretty pleased with those changes, well done to the management team for getting them through.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

We seem to be raiding Spalding of players right now, do they have a decent striker on the bench. 😂